looking for freelance machinist

Status
Not open for further replies.

denniskee

Oct 26, 2003
bukit batok
Visit site
I needs a few freelance machinists, must know how to use conventional lathe, milling, and surface grinding machine professionally, tolerance normally in +/- 0.1mm.

I hope this is a win win situation, by helping a person out of job, I also help myself. Pls contact me @ 92388366 if interested.

denniskee wat line u in, actually i also looking for such professionals as well.. i also intend to go for course in such area, u got any idea how to go about?

I started operating machineries when in primary schools untill now (my families mostly in machine workshop line). Not suprisingly, I was in Tech stream during sec., then proceed on to mech dip.

When I join the work force, I volunteer to do machining for my own project. Initially, the workshop sup was reluctant, but after observing me working on the lathe & milling, he lets me use it as and when I need to. Though by then, I had work with m/c for more than 10yrs (on & off), there are still alot more to learn, even though the technology had remain the same, unlike IT lines. There is a saying In cantonese, "easy to pick up, difficult to become expert". Just like photography.

However, if you are looking into courses in this area, quite useless cause these things comes with experience gainned via hands on over the years. Closes I can think off is the ITEs, though I doubt they will concerntrate on the hands on as their sylibous had changed alot.

In a workshop, you can classify the workers into 3 skill set group :

1) fabrication - flame and welding work
2) machining - operates machinaries
3) fitter - combi of both fab & m/c

Skill set (1) & (2) are the experts in their field.

Goup (3) are those who can to both, but they typically do not have the qualifications to weld pressure vessels (requires special certifications) etc, as in the group (1). Also, interm of speed and accuracy in machining, they are a grade lower than group (2). However, they possess some knowledge of pnumatics & hydraulics systems etc as they are incharge of assembling a machines.

I hope by sharing my lfe long learning journey in machining will be of some use to you or anyone who is interested in this field.

I am still looking for freelance machinees, if you or your friend happens to be OOJ (out of jobs) and possess the knowledge in convensional mechanical workshop machineries, pls contact me. My company's is @ kallang area.

eh dennis... i also in kallang area leh!

actually i think i belong to group 3, i know abit of this abit of that, makes me jack of all trade, master of none... its like i can weld, but not those nice looking kind lah... i see those expert weld... really fast & waste little materials... den see those ppl can do milling fast as well, den mine is just very rough job.. got those machines there, but i dunno how 2 use effectively... imagine the 1st time i use the lathe... on the power & cannot seem to make the thing move... after 1/2 a day den its just 1 lever... haiz...

but my argon skills damn weak... i really need professional advice on this...

ups ups ups, still looking for a freelance machinist, friends of CSer may also aply. :thumbsup:

I am overloaded with work, needs people to take off some load so I can concerntrate on improving the work flow of te company.

It a win win situation. Come come, dont shy.

Mostly milling job, about 80%. Mat'l mostly ALU 45%, SS 45%, rest just flexi-glass, nylon, teflon......

Best is to come to my company, look @ the dwg, physical samples, the workshop.

Status
Not open for further replies.