Looking for fellow photogs to visit Turkey and Greece in late June to early July

Status
Not open for further replies.

londonray

Mar 25, 2005
Hi, previously posted a thread in kopitiam... but felt that its more suitable to post here...

Like i mentioned before... i'm student based in london... (from singapore originally of course)
Graduating this year and looking for some photog buddies to visit this 2 wonderful countries.

Please post here if you are interested and any questions are welcome. Cheers...

izit so hard to find someone to go with huh? how come no one interested at all? location/country not nice? or lack of details?

personally, i think its the price issue.. the money spend to go there and play there can easily get u a brand new d70s :)

kcuf2 said:
personally, i think its the price issue.. the money spend to go there and play there can easily get u a brand new d70s :)

erm actually i was under the impression that many students and young adults fancy going to europe for a holiday...and summer is a good time to go... but hey... maybe they already have plans... haha

festard said:
i wanna go.. but must find close friends to go with ma.. mmm..

haha... your point being? that i should just close this thread and go myself? coz no one in the right mind would go with a stranger?

no lar! not all ppl think like me =D
mmm mayb wrong timing..
there are photographs who'll join these kinda overseas outing ..

festard said:
no lar! not all ppl think like me =D
mmm mayb wrong timing..
there are photographs who'll join these kinda overseas outing ..

yups... i sure hope so.. hehehe...

AReality said:
nice places.

But no $, and already go greece b4. so not keen

saw your pictures... really nice... hope to get some nice ones myself... yah... europe is expensive isn't it?... haha

Been to greek islands last year. Really beautiful country. Generally July and August is the peak season and most expensive to go. Late May or Early Sept and you can bargain for lower price for accommodation.

i think it is more of a timing issue for me. when i went to paris & milan last july, there were loads of tourists from around the world. i dun mind traveling with a stranger, just that i am afraid that we may not have a good time because of all the crowds.

londonray said:
haha... your point being? that i should just close this thread and go myself? coz no one in the right mind would go with a stranger?

Hope you'll find your kakis! I had travelled with strangers as well, and well....they're strangers no more today. Keep your thread up.....;)

barracuda said:
i think it is more of a timing issue for me. when i went to paris & milan last july, there were loads of tourists from around the world. i dun mind traveling with a stranger, just that i am afraid that we may not have a good time because of all the crowds.

meaning? u want somewhere that's "just the 2 of us"? haha....

Ah_Seng said:
Hope you'll find your kakis! I had travelled with strangers as well, and well....they're strangers no more today. Keep your thread up.....;)

thanks bro... yah hope that can likedat is the best loh... haha...

londonray said:
meaning? u want somewhere that's "just the 2 of us"? haha....

ok, i re-phase my statement: i am afraid we may have a difficult time in getting good & cheap accommodations, getting air/train/bus tickets, getting admissions into museums, etc, etc. good enough? :sticktong

barracuda said:
ok, i re-phase my statement: i am afraid we may have a difficult time in getting good & cheap accommodations, getting air/train/bus tickets, getting admissions into museums, etc, etc. good enough? :sticktong

i assume that you are interested? but have some reservations? I have friends that have been to these countries recently with recommendations to good hostels there... but i think i have to work out an itinery for you guys so that you can better decide...

NMSS... the estimated cost like i told witness is about 3k SGD exc air tic to europe... that's for 2weeks...

londonray said:
NMSS... the estimated cost like i told witness is about 3k SGD exc air tic to europe... that's for 2weeks...
think the budget of 3K can include air tickets. fly to istanbul instead, cos there are alot of direct or transit flights to istanbul or middle east. last yr I spend abt S$1k in Greece alone for 10 days, whereas the rest of the middle east countries i spend ard S$2k for 6.5 weeks ;p greece is no longer as cheap as it was when they are using greek drachma.

you can travel by train or bus between two countries, cheaper and can see more places.

londonray said:
izit so hard to find someone to go with huh? how come no one interested at all? location/country not nice? or lack of details?

Keep up your search ... you will eventually find someone to go with you ...

But also do your homework to check the best time to go there ... If this is mainly a photography trip, then you may want to choose the season that would give you the best and longest daylight ... and probably not going during the peak of holiday season is a good idea ... Otherwise you would have people in all your shots or have to wait for a long time to take your shots ...

Maybe an indiaction of how long the trip is going to be would help also ... a lot of us do not have the luxury of taking long leave from work ... I am quite keen to go actually, but will really depend on work commitment and the cost ... If you do not mind send me some of you plans to look thru and i will see how i can fit in .... Thanks

Good Luck ...

Status
Not open for further replies.