Looking for compact digicam for travel

Status
Not open for further replies.

kllee

Apr 1, 2004
Hi all! Am an owner of a Canon G3, and I do love it! Problem is when I travel, it's a nightmare having to lug it around. After my latest biz trip, I've decided that I seriously need another digicam, something which is compact enuff for me to stuff it into my pocket with a buge bulge. Because it's meant for biz and some leisure, i can live with a minimum of 2megapixals. Price is another consideration, preferably below S$550, tall order, i know. :D

Was looking a the old Ixus v2 which is going on sale now. But is there any other suggestions from you guys?

Cheers!

Consider the Canon A80... u save on your investments like CF cards & AA batteries...
Quality is quite good and u are already familiar using the Canon system. The price is $600+ though

willyfoo said:
Consider the Canon A80... u save on your investments like CF cards & AA batteries...
Quality is quite good and u are already familiar using the Canon system. The price is $600+ though

Latest price since last sat. : S$580/- :thumbsup:

Twilo said:
err isnt the A80 and the G5 almost similar in size?

G5 slightly bigger. About 20% more.
One thing about G5 is that you dun need to bring charger. The camera is a charger by it's own.

try panasonic FX1. The more I use, the more I like it.

Y not get the IXUS range of camera. Small compact and yet, built with enough stuff to make your pics look good...

:D

Hoky said:
Got, it was $600 about 1 mth ago during the IT show, and dropped 20 bucks when the A75 came out.
May I know which shop's selling A80 at $580?

I got e-quote from MS Color for $609 (incl. GST) yesterday only leh...
:confused:

When and where u bought your A80, Hoky?

jervislim said:
May I know which shop's selling A80 at $580?

I got e-quote from MS Color for $609 (incl. GST) yesterday only leh...
:confused:

When and where u bought your A80, Hoky?

I didn't get the A80 for myself, got it for my friend during the period of IT show. It was a sunday that time. Got it at AP. Price is $600. (with promo of 128mb)

Checked out last sat that the price dropped 20 bucks. (from the same salesman). If you wanna get it, better do it fast, coz the price diff from A75 is not a lot and A80 is a 4MP. Typical Singaporeans sure grab one.

ninkus said:
Y not get the IXUS range of camera. Small compact and yet, built with enough stuff to make your pics look good...

:D

Yah, esp the Ixus 430 is out now. And the SRP is even lower than Ixus 400.
Both made in Japan too.

A80 or IXUS range....

else, the S45 is good too. like a brick but tough as nails.

huh are u all sure??? :bigeyes: i bought mine @699 at it show leh.. which model u all talking abt u sure is a80?? what's in package?

:) I have a new olympus MJU 300 for sale, 3mp can deal at $500, search under buy and sell olympus mju 300.

If it is a 2nd camera that you need i think it is of great value

Maybe consider a Panasonic which has a OIS, gives u better picture when you in rush to take picture/get people to take picture for u, cos hadshake is often a problem in travelling. Also can take while in bus, cable car, etc. It helps.
I brought a Panasonic FZ-1 along during last tour trip to snowing korea, 100% picture turn out sharp.

i'd highly recommend the nikon coolpix 3700. it's of a sensibly small size, durable (dont question me on that one. it's been (extreme colds) snowboarding and (extreme hots) biking in singapore with me) and takes some quite decent pictures. you dont really have much of an option with playing around with exposure lengths and the like, but then again, it's a compact. 3.2 mp, i suggest you take a good look at it

Status
Not open for further replies.