Looking for Clubsnap Fastest Car Driver!

Status
Not open for further replies.

smaerck

Mar 24, 2005
What is the fastest speed u have driven a car on a public road overseas, and for how long without slowing down for traffic? Just curious.... no prizes.

I start first:

190km/h in Volvo S40 for about 20mins (my boss car - he was asleep in passenger seat)

empahsize "public road overseas" ;)

otherwise you will have TP knocking on your door

180km/h in BMW 318iS for about 5 mins (from woodland checkpt along SLE to Lentor)... no choice being chased by a black civic. ;p (at 1am)

Balls almost dropped cos scared of kenna TP or roadblock la... :sweat:

close to 200km/h (I think) in Toyota Supra on a empty highway in aussieland~

rented car, 200kmh LA to Vegas, for 1-2Hrs, did'nt even know if there was a speed limit. While cruising at 200kmh, one integra civic overtook me effortlessly probably at 250kmh...ho-hum..:bsmilie:

how about slowest driver?

i never exceed 100kmh for the last 4 years :confused:

the longest should be from KL to SG via 2nd link, for 3.5 hours at 100kmh

reason : i was driving a 1L car with 4 pax, the max speed i can go was 100kmh, even i have floored the accelerator already. :confused:

250kph with about 200kph average. Johor toll to KL toll in 1hr 45 mins.
180kph average if driving at night since most places of NS highway got no street lamps.

But with the increasing amount of traffic, getting much harder to do so, unless you are trying to get killed. Have slowed down a little now since a last incident when a truck going maybe 70-80 pulled into the outer lane without warning! Jam brake until smoke all around my car, and was maybe few inches from rear bumper of truck. When I arrived in KL, I found a strip worn from all almost new tires, and got to get them changed. Almost $2K gone!

If want to go fast:
(1) invest in great brakes & tires
(2) in a light car, make sure good aerodynamics, otherwise go for heavy continental cars. You cannot imagine the turbulance force when you overtake a coach/truck when doing more than 200.
(3) you better be super awake & alert. reaction times needed are very short

So, think before speeding. :)

workswheel said:
180km/h in BMW 318iS for about 5 mins (from woodland checkpt along SLE to Lentor)... no choice being chased by a black civic. ;p (at 1am)

Balls almost dropped cos scared of kenna TP or roadblock la... :sweat:

erm.... y no choice???? CHAM BRAKE MAH! cheah!

KCLow said:
180kph average if driving at night since most places of NS highway got no street lamps.

wow bro... too fast too furious la... wut car?

What car brother?

KCLow said:

Drove my friend's GT-R34 SKYLINE in KL highway with full mod of 600 HP.

Took less than a minute to reach 274kmh but due to the highway does not have a long stretch that was the max I could go.......:sweat:

smaerck said:
wow bro... too fast too furious la... wut car?

308. 250KPH already maxed out in my 20 year old car.

You are all CRAZY. Except for Wai.
I use empty roads as the opportunity to drive slower.

Pro Image said:
Drove my friend's GT-R34 SKYLINE in KL highway with full mod of 600 HP.

Took less than a minute to reach 274kmh but due to the highway does not have a long stretch that was the max I could go.......:sweat:

next time do look out for modified kancil and kelissa over-taking you on the right or left ..... ;p

adamadam said:
I use empty roads as the opportunity to drive slower.

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: ... sorry bro/sis but I can't help it.... no offence k?.... :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: !

230km/h in a fully race tuned little Toyota Starlet, from Benjamin Sheares to Changi airport at 3.30am. I used to ply the streets every Friday and Saturday night looking for other chio cars to race. Made lots of friends doing that. I started alone but that soon grew to a big convoy of supped-up cars plying the streets every Fri & Sat bullying other chio cars, who we usually end up being friends with. It was a great time of my life.

car fastest only 170km/h nsh ipoh/penang stretch on old old merc ;p

motorbike can? gelang patah to hatyai lee garden hotel in 8.5hrs including stops to top petrol. overnight riding :D

Status
Not open for further replies.