Looking for Cats for shoot....

Status
Not open for further replies.
LazerLordz said:
ResizeofDSCF1683.jpg

Serenity.. :)

geeshhh.... always like the pinkish spot around the nose.. a soft spot to me.. hehe..

goo82sg said:
Hi guys... have a sudden passion to shoot cats.. any owners kind enough to let your cats model.. hehe.. anyone interested in shootin cats too.. pls join.. can exchange pointers in shooting.. also a talk **** make fren session.. all are welcome..

shoot cats? cat culling is illegal and immoral!! shame on you!! :p

i love cats myself, cat in avatar is mine. really difficult to pose them, or even impossible. to get a shot u really u want might take a few sessions. I followed a few cats down my street >5sessions to get the shots i wanted. and DSLR w/o the swivel is PIA. getting the 'lowdown' , 'eye-level' shots with cats are...grrr...frustrating. have to prone down really low.

just remember...

NO FLASH

or you will BLIND THEM permanently :nono:

yanyewkay said:
flash may be used without causing red/green eye.

refer to my post here
it is worse if you use flash to shoot cats at night...cos the "aperture" in their eyes will open fully to allow them to see at nite...but if u fire a flash suddenly, they wont have time to adjust the "aperture"and this will damage the cells that enable them to see at night

even for human, you will also feel the pain in the eyes, but for us is fine because we are more conditioned to artifical flash....but cats are not...this is worse than putting them to sleep cos they will end up having accident when they cannot see clearly.

YYK :hammer:

uncleparty said:
dont shoot then, strangle! hohoho! :sweatsm:

three.jpg

u're sooo baadddd...... heezz.... so lovely.. how bout organising a trip to ya house... take those lovely photos of your cats?

cats are difficult to pose, i agree. but hey, take a look at my cat, tell me he is a genuis or what. hahaha. but sadly, he's lost. we suspect a catnapper at my estate. =\ but i stll have 4 of them. i LOVE cats. oh, i'm not a photographer, so the pics are crap. but yeah, just go look for cats with good temprement. they should be cool with 'smiling' infront of the cammy.

POOCHI.jpg

and to add on, opps. cats would like to be brought to another environment. so i suggest if you guys wanna shoot, maybe go to where they live at. this way, their behavior wouldnt change. :)

good work n nice cat!

just a few pics of my 2 cats....

check out http://chaostoh.multiply.com

British Blue and Shaded Silver.

Shaded one tends to give exposure problem and ble one too active...but enjoy taking them so much....

Wai said:
just remember...

NO FLASH

or you will BLIND THEM permanently :nono:

it is worse if you use flash to shoot cats at night...cos the "aperture" in their eyes will open fully to allow them to see at nite...but if u fire a flash suddenly, they wont have time to adjust the "aperture"and this will damage the cells that enable them to see at night

even for human, you will also feel the pain in the eyes, but for us is fine because we are more conditioned to artifical flash....but cats are not...this is worse than putting them to sleep cos they will end up having accident when they cannot see clearly.

YYK :hammer:
i didn't use direct flash lah.. i used a weakened bounced flash.

wai cruelty to cameraman.. :cry:

yanyewkay said:
i didn't use direct flash lah.. i used a weakened bounced flash.

wai cruelty to cameraman.. :cry:

it actually applies to all animals, not just cats. no living animals like to be flashed. i dont think dead animals do too! :sticktong

beside the "no flash" rule (it is extreme cruelty) , do manual focus , find it easier with pets as they seem less distracted.

should there be an outing or a visit to shoot cats ~ do tell me !! PM me yah`~~~

dun worry... i dun use flash ...

winnie said:
cats are difficult to pose, i agree. but hey, take a look at my cat, tell me he is a genuis or what. hahaha. but sadly, he's lost. we suspect a catnapper at my estate. =\ but i stll have 4 of them. i LOVE cats. oh, i'm not a photographer, so the pics are crap. but yeah, just go look for cats with good temprement. they should be cool with 'smiling' infront of the cammy.

POOCHI.jpg

Mmm.... can borrow your cats for shoot? ;p

goo82sg said:
u're sooo baadddd...... heezz.... so lovely.. how bout organising a trip to ya house... take those lovely photos of your cats?

sorry goo82sg, slightly difficult. my cats are super paranoid to strangers, espcially 1 of the females. my marder come to my home also the cat not happy. lol. :sweat:

lolx, but damm man... ur kittens are really darn cute!!
looks like triplets sia... :bsmilie:

~Arcanic~ said:
lolx, but damm man... ur kittens are really darn cute!!
looks like triplets sia... :bsmilie:

hehe thanks. yep, they are triplets. actually 4, but one died at birth. most ppl find them too "uniformed" coloured, cos all my cats same colour, but i like it that way.

more of them here.

046.jpg

033.jpg

018.jpg

021.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.