Looking for budget hotel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Medoc

Sep 4, 2004
www.activesights.com
Folks, I'll be around Sg for couple of days, probably in early Oct
Any recommendation for budget hotel in-term of price wise?

Thank You. :)

well.... most of the budgeted hotel in Singapore are for "short-term" usage, if you know what i mean... :)

These hotels are quite decent and cheap. However, i will not recommend you to stay in such hotels unless it's far away from Geylang, the red-light district in SIngapore. Perhaps you can try the budgeted hotels near Bencoolen street as it's near to orchard road and city hall area....

Some airlines now sell package of airticket and hotel together for Singapore, it is the best value for money in my opinion. These are typically 3* or 4* but good enough just for sleep. U can ask your local travel agent for airline package.

Medoc said:
Folks, I'll be around Sg for couple of days, probably in early Oct
Any recommendation for budget hotel in-term of price wise?

Thank You. :)

Mustafa, Singapore's no.1 retail center operates a hotel as well. Located in the heart of the city, it's conveniently accessible and has wonderful gourmet food outlets all round. It'll give you a wonderful flavour of the rich cultural diversity that's Singapore. I highly recommend a masala tea or an iced Milo at their exquisite cafe.

kahheng said:
Mustafa, Singapore's no.1 retail center operates a hotel as well. Located in the heart of the city, it's conveniently accessible and has wonderful gourmet food outlets all round. It'll give you a wonderful flavour of the rich cultural diversity that's Singapore. I highly recommend a masala tea or an iced Milo at their exquisite cafe.
And if u stay in Mustafa, they also have a hugh 24 hours department store, selling many things including the latest digital cameras, in case u cannot sleep u can just walk there and glance at all the new cameras (or buy buy buy).

Just be careful about budget hotel. Last time I booked one at Bugis, the price is quite cheap $70/night/3pax... but found out it was on the 3rd floor with no elevator and it just exactly fit 1 queen, 1 single bed with a 1 meter in-between. Its okay for backpackers but if you are a middle-age lady who went shopping, you might find climbing the stairs with shopping bags a bit difficult and limited place in the room to stash the bag... website photos seems to have gone under PS magic, probably with wide angle to make it more roomy than it is.

I have recommended the Hotel 81 at geylang to a female foreign friend from Belgium and it seems decent enough. Of course, when we had a few beers at the kopitiam downstairs, some of the "local" girls kept staring at us and trying to make eye contact. Anyway, foreign friend don't know what geylang is so what she don't know won't hurt her.

Opposite Sim Lim Tower, Mayo St directly above coffee shop. $50, queen size bed. Stairs only. There are a few more cheap hotels around that street too. Near to 24hrs coffee-shops, bugis and very central.

I think Hotel 81 is ok. Reasonable price and you have a few locations to choose from.

I know of some service apartments in Orchard Area (if you don't mind services apartments) they are available for short / long term leases.
Studio suite / 2-bedroom suite / 3-bedroom suite (Superior, deluxe, super deluxe ) ;)

melvin said:
I know of some service apartments in Orchard Area (if you don't mind services apartments) they are available for short / long term leases.
Studio suite / 2-bedroom suite / 3-bedroom suite (Superior, deluxe, super deluxe ) ;)

usually service apartment would want you to book at least 7 days.
anyway you can try YMCA. (don't try YWCA it's too expensive )

YMCA
Standard Single S$ 80.00 ++
Standard Twin S$ 90.00 ++
Family (3 Beds) S$ 115.00 ++
Superior Single/Twin S$ 120.00 ++
Students Room (4 Beds) S$ 25.00 ++ per bed

inclusive of Breakfast.

Chinatown Hotel
Room Type Room Rates
Single Room S$ 98.00
Double Room S$ 108.00
Twin Room S$ 108.00

The above prices include breakfast, government taxes and service charges.

Wat are the rates of all the accomodations mentioned? Im sure he would like to know the prices, rather than just "reasonable prices"...think it varies for different people. Hee

Lloyd's Inn
Room Type Rate in S$
Standard Room S$70.00 nett
(More Spacious with Fridge)Deluxe Room S$80.00 nett

Status
Not open for further replies.