Looking for an inconspicuous camera bag.

wongzn

Sep 8, 2009
Hi all, looking for an inconspicuous bag for my 5D, with batter grip and lens attached, as well as a flash gun and another lens. Hope you guys can recommend one. Thanks!

inconspicuous meaning when people see it, they cannot guess that's a camera bag haha. ;)

Buy any normal bag that you like and add-on inserts that enough to fit in your gears.

Or can look at Domke F3-x series

Try think tank. the Urban Disguise series looks inconspicuous enough.

Or do what I did

get a Camel Active pouch and put the free cam bag in it, then that's the cam bag.

Get a messenger bag and buy a padded inserted.

Here is a pix to give you a better understanding.

7D with BG, 24-105mm, 10-22mm, 70-200mm F2.8 IS USM, Angle Find-C, Filters, Wired Remote Control, blower and etc.....

dsc00008rr9.jpg

Last edited:
Hi all, looking for an inconspicuous bag for my 5D, with batter grip and lens attached, as well as a flash gun and another lens. Hope you guys can recommend one. Thanks!

inconspicuous meaning when people see it, they cannot guess that's a camera bag haha. ;)

Think Tank Urban Disguise series is ur best bet :)

What is your budget?

Any specific brand?

Any specific style?

I have a backpack, messenger bag and a tote that I change around and use as camera bag depending on the occasion and gear. For the inserts in these bags, you can choose from a variety of brands too. From Domke to Artisan & Artist.

I have the same issue as you as I also carry my 5D Mk2 around with a few lens...I think what is the best so far is think tank urban disguise...the price is high but I have thinktank bags n acessories and the quality is good...go to TK Photo n have a look, whatever you have in mind, the designer already thought of that before as they have already gather feedbacks from many people and design a bag that will suit the criteria listed...the only thing is that you have to decide which bag is suitable for you...

Last edited:
hmmm.. TS, we are on the same boat.. :) may i know which camera shop out there which has a wide selection of camera bags and brands for us to choose from? :)

No use...if the bag is fat, there is a big chance a camera is inside.

cathay photo at peninsula
lots of choices haha :D ~

Buy any normal bag that you like and add-on inserts that enough to fit in your gears.

Or can look at Domke F3-x series

Hi , how do this inserts look like? Like those velcro stuff in crumpler bags?

Get a messenger bag and buy a padded inserted.

Here is a pix to give you a better understanding.

7D with BG, 24-105mm, 10-22mm, 70-200mm F2.8 IS USM, Angle Find-C, Filters, Wired Remote Control, blower and etc.....

dsc00008rr9.jpg

Hey, out of curiousity, is this a porter bag? and don't mind can show how the insides look like?

What is your budget?

Any specific brand?

Any specific style?

I have a backpack, messenger bag and a tote that I change around and use as camera bag depending on the occasion and gear. For the inserts in these bags, you can choose from a variety of brands too. From Domke to Artisan & Artist.

Budget , below 100
Style, not specific. Both backpack and messenger will do.

Where can I get cheap inserts from? Saw some online but the price is quite ex....

Hey, out of curiousity, is this a porter bag? and don't mind can show how the insides look like?

Yes, is a porter messenger bag.

I upgraded my padded insert to a bigger one.

The insert with a protection cover.
img1166j.jpg

Open the cover. (I can bent it and act as a double protection on the front and back.)
img1167y.jpg

Fully loaded as what I had mentioned.
img1168r.jpg