Looking for AF-S NIKKOR 200-400mm f/4G ED VR II

shenlong

Mar 24, 2009
Kallang, Singapore~!!!
Hi Guys,

I search the forum for this lenses and came up with few searches about. Urgently need to get this lens but of course at competitive price.
http://www.nikon.com.sg/en_SG/produ...00-400mm f4G ED VR II.xml&CategoryID=gp54h9su listed the dealers. But are they the only ones? Tried Alan Photo and they do not have the lens! =.=

Any shops to recommend that sells that?

- Hansen

Last edited:
If you don't mind coming to KL, I think some shops may have or can order for next day delivery as long as the wholesaler has it. It is also much cheaper especially when you pay cash.

Usually for big and high item price, you may need to place order with ur fav dealer and they do the rest for you.
As not all shops will stock this kindda high priced items in their inventory which takes up abit of space.

I asked Nikon sales to help me check on it and they give Edison Electronics as one of the dealers having ready stock. Trusty or not?
9.5K for that piece. US bhphoto is selling 6799 USD converted to based on 1:1.28 SGD is 8733.

Any idea whether it can be 9~9.2K?

Lets put it this way, your conversion is based on the current market of 1.28 but you still need to factor in the bank conversion rates which is abit higher when paying.
don't forget there is the 7% GST to be charged once it reaches Singapore customs which makes to be additional S$600+ and of cos insurance for a piece of mind.

Which totals to be around or abit more then S$9.5K.

If you doubt the price, inspect when buying. Ensure all the accessories which are supplied are all there.

U got try tk or Cathay? They usually stock those rare lenses...

That's kinda strange. As these lenses are usually manufactured in Japan or Thailand, considering all custom taxes and insurance to put on the shelves of US, why is there additional premium when it is imported to Singapore when Singapore is much nearer to Japan/Thailand?

Especially for this high end lens? Anyone has better insight?

Worst case go KL buy. Guys, do recommend some good shops! =)

Last edited:
That's kinda strange. As these lenses are usually manufactured in Japan or Thailand, considering all custom taxes and insurance to put on the shelves of US, why is there additional premium when it is imported to Singapore when Singapore is much nearer to Japan/Thailand?

Especially for this high end lens? Anyone has better insight?

Worst case go KL buy. Guys, do recommend some good shops! =)

another way bro, is try calling every reputable shop and ask, if they have it in stock, alternatively u can try go down edison and ask, i accompay a fren there once before prices are close to RRP, but remeber most of the staffs there quote before GST.

also TS, if u really need the lens, u could always rent it, so far Camera Rental has it.... but need a deposit i think.

Did called Orient Photo, TK foto and Cathay. They do have stock, but quoted 9.6~9.9K Nett. Lowest over phone is 9.5k.

I wonder can it be pushed to 9.2K or less? Any chances of getting that price? I'm still not convinced why shipping to US is cheaper than shipping to Singapore from Japan. These are Made-in-Japan lenses. Is it due to some secret pact in US that Singapore do not have? Maybe we can have a new discussions to analyse pricing of Asia products sold in US and SG...

also TS, if u really need the lens, u could always rent it, so far Camera Rental has it.... but need a deposit i think.

It's not that I want that lens. It's a overseas friend who wants it. And he believes SG is cheaper. He's from Europe, so the tax is definitely high!!! So, he does have alternative since he's in SG.

So as a helpful friend, wanna get some good bargain for him. He can make a transit to KL if need be...

Even Malaysia in general has lower lens prices than SG.
It's probably the high rental cost and overhead here that push the price up.
Anyway, Edison is reliable. They're one of the major authorized nikon dealer that is not much talked about compared to the typical CP, TK, MS Color etc/

hi TS,
I am in US now and amazon is selling $6999 usd (~$9050sgd)

Amazon.com: Nikon 200-400mm f/4G AF-S SWM SIC ED IF VR II Nikkor Super Telephoto Zoom Lens for Nikon Digital SLR Cameras: Camera & Photo
41zLPdUmqDL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

i've been to harvey norman on millenia walk around 3wks ago, saw 500mm F4 and 200-400mm F4 displayed. might be good to ask quotation from them too.

Yeah... US bhphoto is selling @ 6799USD. Also quite cheap. In Singapore, without Tax, it is slightly less than SGD 9k.

bethpapa74 u there for holiday ah? Convenient to hoot something for us? :D

Yeah... US bhphoto is selling @ 6799USD. Also quite cheap. In Singapore, without Tax, it is slightly less than SGD 9k.

bethpapa74 u there for holiday ah? Convenient to hoot something for us? :D

here for work. .. probably be back next week. ... hoot simi?? PM me....

I once had a very good (weird) quote from a photo shop at Far East Plaza (just right beside Watson) .... they quote me 400-500sgd cheaper for a Nikkor 24-70f2.8 ... i dare not buy it