looking for a 'vintage' instant camera

heshanj

Aug 18, 2009
Ho Chi Minh City
pixelogist.me
hey guys
im interested in getting a polaroid camera - something vintage, something classic...i dont know if this is a bit too generic.. but any recommendations? something that i can still use, where the film is still available etc. im very new to instant photography, so i have no idea. doing a bit of research on google too but if there are any experts here, please advise! i hope this is the right place to post this, i coudlnt find a better one! thanks!

hey guys
im interested in getting a polaroid camera - something vintage, something classic...i dont know if this is a bit too generic.. but any recommendations? something that i can still use, where the film is still available etc. im very new to instant photography, so i have no idea. doing a bit of research on google too but if there are any experts here, please advise! i hope this is the right place to post this, i coudlnt find a better one! thanks!

Just buy some old Polaroids.

Something like this should work for you... http://abchomeimprovements.net/images/polaroid250.jpg

and for film.. http://www.the-impossible-project.com/ourfilm/

Last edited:
Check out polaroid sx-70 and impossible films

yup, definitely looking for a polaroid - but i see so many vintage ones that im kinda not sure which to go for - thanks for the tips. for film, that looks great. cheers

yup, looking at the SX-70 as well as the old foldable ones which look super cool! i think the packfilm (?) that the 250/350/450 uses can be bought cheaper, the Fuji brand?

woah, plenty of options! im looking for something affordable though..maybe US$100-150? i think i can get a foldable polaroid for that

there are plenty of options on ebay. the problem is that you don't know if it is working cos these cameras are very old. the 'newest' is probably manufactured in the 1990s?

there are a few being sold now in buy/sell. have you checked it out?

alternatively, thirtysix over at sunshine plaza is selling some refurbished polaroids and impossible film packs. a bit pricey compared to ebay. but at least you know they are confirm working.