Looking for a Mountain/hybrid bicycle

Status
Not open for further replies.

talisman

Dec 5, 2004
Dear CS mates,

not sure where to post this but i would think that this is the most appropriate place.

I'm looking for a mountain/hybrid bicycle and my budget is in the $500 thereabouts.

Any brand/model you would recommend?

I've narrow down to Scott and GT avalanche 1.0 especially.

Also, any good shops to recommend?

Thanks in advance,

Mervyn

try togoparts.com you will get more answer

Thanks Aryanto and Bourboncoke for your links.

I've checked these links as well and called the shops...not much discounts offered tho :(

What i would really like to know is whether GT avalanche 1.0 is a good buy or not?

Any experience on that bike?
Many thanks.

Dear CS mates,

not sure where to post this but i would think that this is the most appropriate place.

I'm looking for a mountain/hybrid bicycle and my budget is in the $500 thereabouts.

Thanks in advance,

Mervyn
You can try HARO bikes as well. I bought a Haro Flightline 2DX, 3 weeks back. Lovely bike. Damage is around $590. All disc brakes. Shimano gears. Front suspension. Very well made.

If you don't know the brand HARO, it's the company that does BMX bikes as well. I didn't know that at first too.

GMAN

yr budget cant get GT Ava 1.0 lah..2nd hand also difficult. How abt looking at Polygon brand from Indonesia ?
Bought mine for abt $400 from Chapter 2 Cycle in AMK. Real reputable shop with friendly service :)

i think the scott sportster is not a bad buy..

what do u need the bike for? daily commuting? if it is.. try not to get too exp.. bike thefts quite common..

Dear CS mates,

Thanks in advance,

Mervyn

Hi friend, my recommend is save up the money first:angel:. Spend some time to go to Bike Shops to have a look and ask and get more knowledge from the bikers who own the bike if you think that the kind of bike you are looking for. Try don’t ask the owner, you know what I mean;). Do more research and by the time you are more confident in yourself which bike is your cup of tea, you will have more money to archive your dream bike. You may go to Tay cycle at Blk 139 Tampines St 11 #01-40 or Hup Leong at Blk 51 Chin Swee Road #01-107. This are the Two Bike Shop I always go (4 Years ago):sweat:. All the Best to your achievement , ride save and the most important enjoy your ride:cool:!

Status
Not open for further replies.