Looking for a Compact digital camera 7-8MP

Status
Not open for further replies.

banhock

Sep 28, 2005
Hi Gurus

Need your help to recommend a good campact digital camera below 1k.

Was at the COMEX today, check out the Cannon booth only to find nothing with that range.

Went to check out Sony T10 disapointed at the noise on the pic. Nikon's P4 too simple. Not enough function on the control dial.

Whats your view of the Lumix FX07 & LX1. Olympus u740? Anything better please let me know.

Thanks

Ban

how about Canon's S80? 8 megapixel and has 28mm wideangle lens.. also has all your creative control modes.. but it's not featured in Comex though.. bought mine about half a year ago at about $800, should cost less now..

Hi J

I was actually going there to buy the S80. But the salesman there say they are only promoting the latest model. All these obsolete models are not at the promo. Its still selling at around $800 outside.

I was surprise/shock to hear this. But after he further explain that the optical zoom of the latest S3IS is 12x which is about the same if you were to consider the digital zoom from the 8MP pic of the S80. Comparing the price. The S3IS is a cheaper buy. Would have bought the S3IS if it wasn't so bulky.

Cheers

Ban

but 12x optical zoom from the S3 is much better than the digital zoom of the S80.. optical zoom beats digital zoom anytime.. I also have the S2, which can be bulky at times.. but comparing the picture quality of my S2 and S80, the S80 does better in quality at the wide angle end..
so really, it depends on what you want.. if you mostly shoot like landscapes and indoors, I would recommend the S80.. you'll be grateful for its 28mm wide angle lens when it comes to indoor shots esp group photos..

I agrees with J-Chan... I owned a Canon S2 too.. Picture quality wise is acceptable and it gives you some control of the settings... S3, having higher ISO, should be more superior then...

Status
Not open for further replies.