Looking for a Compact Camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

benedetto13

Nov 23, 2007
Bukit Batok
www.flickr.com
Hi People, looking for a Compact Camera for a friend. She actually wanted a DSLR, but it's way over her budget. so she asked me to ask arnd for her something good and arnd her budget of $420 for a second hand.

No preference for brand, i was thinking S5IS? is it good or outdated alrdy? i saw a lot of ppl selling in the BnS section and it's arnd her budget. wanted G9 but it's way over her budget too.

Able to produce sharp images, vibrant colours..

Thank you!

It's not bad, but a bit bulky. Would she prefer a slim and "pretty" compact instead?

It's not bad, but a bit bulky. Would she prefer a slim and "pretty" compact instead?

Ah, ok! Then yeah, S5IS is good, so's the Sony H7/H9.

Thanks Rashkae, as i dont really know anything about compact cameras. haha eh would the sonyH7/H9 be in her budget for second hand?

With $420 or stretch a bit more, she could actually get a 2nd hand DSLR. Saw someone selling a old KM 5D for about $400 only.

The Canon Powershot S5 IS should not be obsolete. It's able to produce sharp and vibrant colors like you mentioned, plus it would come in handy should she wanna capture videos. With the superzoom and supermacro, she don't need to buy add on lens or whatnots and that is so convenient for a girl who does not like to have to carry so much stuffs.

For sample shots taken with S5 IS, you can visit my flickr here/.

Btw, there is a recent S5 replacement though and prices were said to be lower. So, why not buy the latest one?

Panasonic LX3 would be great too I believe.

The Canon Powershot S5 IS should not be obsolete. It's able to produce sharp and vibrant colors like you mentioned, plus it would come in handy should she wanna capture videos. With the superzoom and supermacro, she don't need to buy add on lens or whatnots and that is so convenient for a girl who does not like to have to carry so much stuffs.

For sample shots taken with S5 IS, you can visit my flickr here/.

Btw, there is a recent S5 replacement though and prices were said to be lower. So, why not buy the latest one?

Panasonic LX3 would be great too I believe.

M S Color in AMK Central next ot S11 hawker centre.

SX1 IS = CMOS Sensor
SX10 IS = CCD Sensor

Thanks to ALL, will let me friend know about it!

Status
Not open for further replies.