Looking for a bag for casual shooting over the weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

shark

Sep 25, 2003
West
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I'm shopping for a bag to house my D80 and a 70-300mm lens. Looking for something small and easy to carry around during weekend for family photo.

Anyone have experience whether it fit into a Crumpler 4 million dollars or any of the lowepro Topload model? Or do you guys have any other recomendation?

bahibo

Aug 6, 2006
buy a domke f3x super compact :) very good for street shooting, casual carry around.
otherwise the lowepro photo runner.

Nov 19, 2006
I suggest at least a 5million dollar bag.
I tried to squeeze my 400D with kit lens + 50mm f1.8
BARELY squeezed those in. your D80 is bigger in size than my 400D. plus your lens is bigger too..
5Mil bag might give you space for a small water bottle too

ah.zeep

Jun 20, 2006
Hi,

I suggest at least a 5million dollar bag.
I tried to squeeze my 400D with kit lens + 50mm f1.8
BARELY squeezed those in. your D80 is bigger in size than my 400D. plus your lens is bigger too..
5Mil bag might give you space for a small water bottle too
Got a $5Mhome recently. It's great for casual moving around! :thumbsup:
I can fit:
  • Centre portion: D50 + 18-200VR
  • Side portion #1: 50mm f/1.8
  • Side portion #2: Not too thick novel (~400pgs) + SB600 or
  • Side portion #2: Thick novel (~600pgs), cannot fit in SB600
  • Front pocket: iPaq rx4715 + small 2.5" HD case

Since I think D80 is just about same size as D50, it should fit really handily into the $5Mhome. I highly recommend you to go have a try!

Geckorian

Feb 10, 2004
buy a domke f3x super compact :) very good for street shooting, casual carry around.
otherwise the lowepro photo runner.
Any idea where I can take a look at a selection of domke bags?

I understand these bags are really inconspicuous cam bags but being just canvas, my concern is do they provide enuff protection? :)

bahibo

Aug 6, 2006
Any idea where I can take a look at a selection of domke bags?

I understand these bags are really inconspicuous cam bags but being just canvas, my concern is do they provide enuff protection? :)
Well, Cathay photo sell them , for cheaper solution u can go for safrotto at the camera workshop , the f3x only got padding in the bottom but that's good enough. If u want more protection i think u buy the f803 ,the one look like the bag that people usually carry to work,have more padding,slim profile,padding removeable , when not carry many equipment i remove the padding,put only the bottom padding,so i can carry document with one body and nobody know. now it is my everyday back,school or photography :bsmilie:

Well if u want to carry only 1 small bag with 1 body fit with one lens i think u have some choice :

-Lowepro photo runner
-Lowepro toploader 70 ( i think 65 not enough )
- topload zoom ?

kelccm

Mar 2, 2004
A village in a forest
Why don't you bring your camera and lense and whatever stuffs you want to put inside to the shops and try out all the bags. CP has quite a number of camera bags, and you can try the fit to help you decide.

shark

Sep 25, 2003
West
Visit site
Why don't you bring your camera and lense and whatever stuffs you want to put inside to the shops and try out all the bags. CP has quite a number of camera bags, and you can try the fit to help you decide.
Ya. I think I will do that.

shark

Sep 25, 2003
West
Visit site
Hi,

Got a $5Mhome recently. It's great for casual moving around! :thumbsup:
I can fit:
  • Centre portion: D50 + 18-200VR
  • Side portion #1: 50mm f/1.8
  • Side portion #2: Not too thick novel (~400pgs) + SB600 or
  • Side portion #2: Thick novel (~600pgs), cannot fit in SB600
  • Front pocket: iPaq rx4715 + small 2.5" HD case

Since I think D80 is just about same size as D50, it should fit really handily into the $5Mhome. I highly recommend you to go have a try!

Thanks Bro. I have the Lowepro Stealth Reporter which is quite close to the capacity as yours. However, I'm looking a bag just enough for one D80 and 70-300 lens.

radrianta

Jan 4, 2007
I'm looking one too for my D70s, and I think the Crumpler 4 Million should suit my needs. You guys know where to get one and how much? I know there's a Crumpler outlet in Wheelock Place, but I don't know whether they carry that.

Thx

your18

Aug 10, 2006
@serangoon
I'm looking one too for my D70s, and I think the Crumpler 4 Million should suit my needs. You guys know where to get one and how much? I know there's a Crumpler outlet in Wheelock Place, but I don't know whether they carry that.

Thx
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=171428
crumpler topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom