Looking for a amateur camera

Prince Photogenic

Dec 11, 2010
Hello all, I'm buying a DSLR for the first time and i don't know which to get.

Can anyone enlighten me which of the below cameras should I get?
- Sony A-33
- Olympus E - 620
- Nikon D5000
- Canon 500D

Any users of the cameras willing to give me the pros and cons?

Thanks loads in advance =)

sony a-33,
was walking into a sony store and tried both the a55 and a33, Love the 10fps in a55, 7fps in a33 is also very fast.. the "tuck tuck tuck.." sound when i go for 10fps is very exciting and addictive, to me.. haha

Anyway, I use nikon and i love it. :)

If you're going for maximum features for your dollar, the A33 is hard to beat.

- Sony A-33
- Olympus E - 620
- Nikon D5000
- Canon 500D

Ah you ask like that will only get many response on how good each camera is . Doubt anyone owns all 4 to give you a balance view

I own a33. Its small , light, cheap, high noise performance got 7fps. Good travel cam for me . Dunno fit you or not :dunno:

- Sony A-33
- Olympus E - 620
- Nikon D5000
- Canon 500D

Hello all, I'm getting toothpaste for the first time and i don't know which to get.

Can anyone enlighten me which of the below toothpaste should I get?
- Darlie
- Colgate
- Crest
- Sensodyne

Any users of toothpaste willing to give me the pros and cons?

:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

Hello all, I'm getting toothpaste for the first time and i don't know which to get.

Can anyone enlighten me which of the below toothpaste should I get?
- Darlie
- Colgate
- Crest
- Sensodyne

Any users of toothpaste willing to give me the pros and cons?

:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

Darlie, not too good for my gums. Colgate has so many different types for different purpose that i wonder if they have colgate for burns. Crest never used, Sensodyn is the best i have used so far, healed my bleeding gums. but doesnt taste as good as the others. haha

Prince Photogenic,

I'm sure by now you would have noticed that it is all down to personal choice.

Yes, you can compare technical data, but there's always your gut feel about the camera. Go and touch and feel the various cameras so you can know for yourself.

Don't want to get cramps holding something too heavy/light/big/small over a long time. So once you have determined a model or two that you like, you can come back and maybe ask us why we chose why we chose.

Cheers!

i've actually narrowed my choice to the Nikon D5000 and A-33. Sort of like the LCD that can turn..

Can anyone tell me what's a translucent mirror?

does the D5000 have that?

i've actually narrowed my choice to the Nikon D5000 and A-33. Sort of like the LCD that can turn..

The Oly E620 has a fully articulating screen while the Nikon D5K only has a tilt-able screen. So I wonder what kind of logic you are going by here.

The Oly E620 has a fully articulating screen while the Nikon D5K only has a tilt-able screen. So I wonder what kind of logic you are going by here.

D5000 has a fully articulating screen. Same as the Olympus E-620, except it mounts towards the bottom. Don't comment on something if you don't know about it. At least google.

Can anyone tell me what's a translucent mirror?

does the D5000 have that?

Please read the reviews. They go into detail in what the translucent mirror is, etc.

If it helps, the A33's bigger brother, the A55, is getting a lot of awards:

Sony A55 voted camera of the year 2010
http://www.popphoto.com/2010/12/camera-year-sony-a55

Review that shows how good the EVF and SLT is:
http://www.thistonybridge.com/2010/12/09/the-sony-slt-a55-a-review-whats-not-to-like

one of The 50 Best Inventions of 2010
http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,2029497_2030652_2029799,00.html

Erm. Definitely a better logic than yours...

- Sony A-33
- Olympus E - 620
- Nikon D5000
- Canon 500D

Go to a shop and try them out. Then choose the one you like. It is all down to personal preferences. These cameras are more than capable of great photos.

Erm. Definitely a better logic than yours...

Oh my. I was in 2 minds when I posted the earlier reply. Yes yes, both have fully articulating screens. I still don't understand the logic. Why did TS eliminate the E620 when the articulating LCD is what he's looking out for? Ohwell.

D5000 has a fully articulating screen. Same as the Olympus E-620, except it mounts towards the bottom. Don't comment on something if you don't know about it. At least google.

As above. Nah, I've touched a number of D5000s but have not seen one for quite a while. Your reply seems to be verging on rude. Hope it is not intentional, have a nice day.

Oh my. I was in 2 minds when I posted the earlier reply. Yes yes, both have fully articulating screens. I still don't understand the logic. Why did TS eliminate the E620 when the articulating LCD is what he's looking out for? Ohwell.

As above. Nah, I've touched a number of D5000s but have not seen one for quite a while. Your reply seems to be verging on rude. Hope it is not intentional, have a nice day.

Sorry. My apologies. Was dealing with a very irritating incident at work and it must have kind of slipped through. Sorry again.

Maybe he see olympus no up? :dunno: :bsmilie:

It is TS's own money... let him buy what he wants lor...

And the 2nd one.. sorry.. from what I read so far, you had it coming. :bsmilie: