Looking for 35mm Contact Printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patryk

Mar 8, 2004
Just to make my search a little easier, anyone here want to let go of their contact printer? Need to get one at an affordable price... for 35mm format. Contact me on my hp 92478340

student

Jul 26, 2004
Although I do have contact printers which I do not use any more, this will be my advice to you.

There is a very simple reason why I do not use my contact printers.

They are fiddly to use. Each of the strips have to be removed from the sleeve and put carefully on the printer. Increasing the chance of scratches of course.

Now this is what I do, and it is a lot cheapaer and faster.

Put your negatives in a transparent sleeve. This sleeve with its seven strips fit nicely to a 8.5 x 11 paper (I think - have notmeasures one for a long time!). Get a plain glass and put that on the sleeve. That's it! You can get these transparent sleeves and paper from Ruby.

Especially when you have tons of rolls to make contact prints for. Oce you get the exposure right, you can actually move very fast!

slato

Jan 14, 2005
You can get one of those glass frames from Ikea, those with just the glass and the cardboard back with clips. It's very cheap and it comes in different sizes. I got one for me that is about 12x16 inc..
Then, you tape one of the long sides of the glass to its cardboard back. On the other long side, you might also put a bit of tape as handler, so that you can manoeuvre the glass without leaving fingerprints. This works very well for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.