Looking for 20 pax for FREE canon photography workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

badtzdiana

Jun 16, 2009
Finally collected my 1000D from Canon service ctr y'day.. But now a lot of ?????? around my head haha.. cos really dono how to make e best of the machine other than using e modes to shoot auto.
Saw tat Canon got a "FREE" Photography workshop to teach beginners the usage of DSLR. They only conduct during wkday afternns.. The workshop covers the basic fundamentals of photography. The programme is suitable for those who are new or are interested to learn about photography. Wondering if anyone here is keen.. Cos they need minimum 20 pax for the workshop.

The workshop covers the basic fundamentals of photography.
The programme is suitable for those who are new or are interested to learn about photography.

The workshop is conducted based on DSLRs.
DSLRs will be provided during the workshop.

Even if they are compact camera users, they would not have a problem.
It would in fact, open up a whole new world to them.

Venue will be quite flexible. If you have a venue, we will be able to conduct the work on-site.
Else, it can be conducted at the Canon Digital Lab.

http://goto.canon.com.sg/eosacademy/

Pls add nick to this list if u keen to join e workshop..

List of interested participants:
1. badtzdiana 5 pax (3 pending)
6. sam204
7. melvyn83

Do take note tat this is NOT a the free product workshop. Its a Basic photography workshop which introduces DSLR to beginners like me.. They also provide few pcs of DSLR for ppl who do not own them to try playing with DSLRs during the workshop.

6. sam204
7. melvyn83
8. wtm78
9. Sarinah

Do you have a date in mind? it will be easier for ppl to sign up. I am keen but need to know when.

thanks

Do you have a date in mind? it will be easier for ppl to sign up. I am keen but need to know when.

thanks

I proposed to them July but all slots taken. So now waiting for cfm on 7th Aug.. Still waiting their answer.. Will update here asap when cfm..

Do take note tat this is NOT a the free product workshop. Its a Basic photography workshop which introduces DSLR to beginners like me.. They also provide few pcs of DSLR for ppl who do not own them to try playing with DSLRs during the workshop.

Good marketing and poisoning. :bsmilie:

Anyway, will ask my friends to join u guys if they are free. :)

Good marketing and poisoning. :bsmilie:

Anyway, will ask my friends to join u guys if they are free. :)
Hi RyanG, thks for helping to pass this msg around.

This is a different workshop from the free 2 hour training from Canon (when u buy their cam) right (cos i already sign up for their evening free training in july)? If so count me in. :)

6. sam204
7. melvyn83
8. wtm78
9. Sarinah
10. sinned79

Last edited:
I bought my 450d last Jan 09. can I apply ?(I didn't attend any training so far)

Wow looks good! I am keen! I'm also attending the free training Canon provides in July for my recently bought 500D. Hope to learn lots of things from these! Can anyone explain why would Canon be so good to give this workshop? (Cos' I believe in no free lunches lol)

6. sam204
7. melvyn83
8. wtm78
9. Sarinah
10. sinned79
11. eedwinn

Last edited:
Re: Looking for 20 pax for FREE canon photography workshop

Hi I'm also interested..I have already add my name...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wow looks good! I am keen! I'm also attending the free training Canon provides in July for my recently bought 500D. Hope to learn lots of things from these! Can anyone explain why would Canon be so good to give this workshop? (Cos' I believe in no free lunches lol)

6. sam204
7. melvyn83
8. wtm78
9. Sarinah
10. sinned79
11. eedwinn
12.KayCee

This workshop is FOC for canon users right??

i'm interested wor.
but have need to knoe the timing to confirm.

Hi, i also signed up for July evening session on 24th.. u signed up for 14th too??
This is not the pdt training.. Thks fo joining..

This is a different workshop from the free 2 hour training from Canon (when u buy their cam) right (cos i already sign up for their evening free training in july)? If so count me in. :)

6. sam204
7. melvyn83
8. wtm78
9. Sarinah
10. sinned79

Hi all, this workshop is free for all. Not neccesary Canon owners. Pls add ur name to e list if u interested so i know when we hit e min 20 pax to go ahead.. Still waiting for Canon side to cfm e date tat i proposed..
think this is part of their mkting efforts to promote their SLRs ba, if im not wrong.. cos they even went to schs n provided SLRs during e workshop for the students to try using them.. At the end of workshop, the students even submitted pictures they took. Ya, their pictures look a lot better than those pictures i took..

Last edited:
I bought my 450d last Jan 09. can I apply ?(I didn't attend any training so far)

Sure can apply.. Pls add ur name to e list..
But how come u din attend the free product training from canon??

Will they let us tried out their range canon L lenses ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6. sam204
7. melvyn83
8. wtm78
9. Sarinah
10. sinned79
11. eedwinn
12.KayCee
13. xiaoxian (3pax)

6. sam204
7. melvyn83
8. wtm78
9. Sarinah
10. sinned79
11. eedwinn
12.KayCee
13. xiaoxian (3pax)
14. Ringwraiths

Last edited:

6. sam204
7. melvyn83
8. wtm78
9. Sarinah
10. sinned79
11. eedwinn
12.KayCee
13. xiaoxian (3pax)
14. Ringwraiths
15. johnong316