Looking for 2 / 3 yrs free VISA card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lensman

Feb 12, 2002
Singapore & Hong Kong
Anyone knows of any promotion by the banks that offers a few years fee wavier ?

I have the POSB mastercard liao and always pays on time via Internet banking.

Need to cut cost of ownership lah.

Thanks

Try Maybank ecard. Free as long as u have a transaction (no matter how small) every quarter.

Originally posted by sidham
Try Maybank ecard. Free as long as u have a transaction (no matter how small) every quarter.

Tried that before. Cut up the card cause there is no paper statement for me to refer to. Dun trust receiving statement in PDF files.

Originally posted by cyberkinetic
SAFRA member? Think there's one offered by OCBC, free 3 yrs for SAFRA members.

Gave up SAFRA membership coz I never used their facilities. Hence, not eligble to join.

Originally posted by Lensman
Tried that before. Cut up the card cause there is no paper statement for me to refer to. Dun trust receiving statement in PDF files.

Just started on it. I find it troublesome too but could refer to e-statement on-line.

A bit OT, but Lensman, VISA and mastercard are different banking products and have different perks/subscription packages. So your title should read '2/3 yrs free credit card' .... ;)

I recommend you get Maybank Visa card (the classic ver dunno what they call it). Just need to charge to the card a number of times a year and they waive the annual fees. I've been using it for the past 4 years and have been quite pleased with it.

cheers,
sfhuang

why bother about fee waiver when you can just cut up your card at the end of the first year and reapply for another card. nowsaday most card offers free first year subscripton.

ocbc credit cards!

jus threathen to cancel the card whenever the annual fee is billed.

so far, always worked for me!!:D

i think Amex does that too..the moment I called in to cancel, they actually sent another card offering 3 years! BUT, i still call in to cancel..it's juz too extra to hold an amex card...

Amex is widely rejected by most establishments.

Noted this as they politely asked if I have another card like Visa or MC, coz their "amex machine is down". Oh please, in Singapore, it is the same machine.....

Unless it is a Silver Amex card lah. But that will be another class of it's own.

Be careful abt Maybank. I've asked about their "liability of card user before reporting loss of card" and it's slightly differing from most local banks.

The require u to pay ALL transactions (whether incurred by you or not) until you report loss of your card.

Well..there's nothing in this world as a free lunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.