Look what I found inside my lens unit when cleaning my Fuji F30!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AReality

Jun 9, 2003
visualjournalist.net
There were dust spots on the sensor of my Fuji F30, so decided to disassemble and clean it.

And wow, found some personal items inside.

The sensor unit goes faced-down into this back lens element.
F30sensorprint01.jpg

Closeup, taken with a reversed 50mm lens.
F30sensorprint02.jpg

Did that fingerprint come from the factory or shop, or did u get the camera used?

Did that fingerprint come from the factory or shop, or did u get the camera used?
I got it new from a shop.

Sent it to svc ctr not long ago to change the front and back aluminium covers. Procedures didn't require to unscrew the sensor from the lens mount, as it can be removed as a whole unit.

I got it new from a shop.

Sent it to svc ctr not long ago to change the front and back aluminium covers. Procedures didn't require to unscrew the sensor from the lens mount, as it can be removed as a whole unit.

Man, I'd be PISSED.
Although, technically you aren't supposed to open the unit...ah the dilema. :confused:

lol, fuji staff adds a "personal" touch to thier cameras...... :)

*now let me open up the S5PRO and see the sensor~ :sticktong

So having a fingerprint on a sensor turned out to be like dust spots?

lol, fuji staff adds a "personal" touch to thier cameras...... :)

*now let me open up the S5PRO and see the sensor~ :sticktong

Mabe u find someone's footprint instead! :confused:

Just curious, can u post some pics of how ur images looks like with this kinda fingerprints on them?

If not convi, then its ok. I'll just "imagine". :bsmilie:

Wow, fingerprint copyrighted on all photos taken; very creative :bigeyes:

Ok, joke aside. I would clean it, fix it back and move on. Just enjoy your shooting :)

Just curious, can u post some pics of how ur images looks like with this kinda fingerprints on them?

If not convi, then its ok. I'll just "imagine". :bsmilie:
There won't be any defined outlines since it is on the lens element. I assume pics will be more blurred, though cannot be certain how much of the quality it will be affected.

But I finally removed that LARGE dirt that was somehow stuck on my sensor. :cheers:

Fuji don't assemble their own cams right? during the days of 1MP cameras, i got a fuji and i spotted big dust specs on the LCD screen which is housed inside the body casing. so it's something that i cannot remove. since then i realized the QC for their assembling of camera is quite bad.

ai yah normal lah i think many people in normal life be it at work or outside where got follow procedure especially in office iso9000 to dun hw many thousand you name it there hv it. Juz swear on your own luck, eventhough follow procedure sometimes also can go wrong.

file a report with their complains department and get a new camera... ;)

so this is the back of the entire lens unit? honestly i'm a bit stunned.
we all know the usual "the world is not free of dust, live with it" but.. FINGERPRINT?

Status
Not open for further replies.