LOOK UP ......FOR ONCE AND THINK ABOUT IT.

sammy888

[video=youtube_share;Z7dLU6fk9QY]http://youtu.be/Z7dLU6fk9QY[/video]

So true...

When was the last time you see a boyfriend and a girlfriend each sitting at a table facing each ther but looking only at their smartphone 80% of the time. The 20% are when they are busying putting food in their mouth.

i hv seen this phenomenon in Japanese subway 25yrs ago. Heads down.
but they were reading books instead. LOL

You can still find them doing that still.. maybe about half. heheh But what impressed me totally was how considerate everyone is.. No one talk loud or make phone to chat while on the train. Everyone is as considerate and polite as they can even if they have to rush about. The only time you hear noise and loud chatters on the train in Toyko... are the tourists.

You can still find them doing that still.. maybe about half. heheh But what impressed me totally was how considerate everyone is.. No one talk loud or make phone to chat while on the train. Everyone is as considerate and polite as they can even if they have to rush about. The only time you hear noise and loud chatters on the train in Toyko... are the tourists.

ya, heard that they would switch their phones to silent onboard.

Yes they do that silent mode in the train and bus. They don't talk on the phone in the lifts. So They don't walk, drink and eat or smoke while walking. They are taught not to bother others in public.

Even phone call also don't bother to make. All use whatapps, Wechat etc. No more true feelings nowadays. Ha ha!

That was my first frustration of the day heheh.. when I was totally amaze that you can buy HEATED coffee in a can from a vending machine. Which was a great relief as I went during winter.. the problem was finding trashcan to throw away the can! Every day along with allmy camera gear I walkabout.. I had to make room throwing the cans in my bag and dump them at malls or places that does have trash bin. People do eat but very rare to see and it has to be around meal time. I am very anal about disposing stuff properly and mobile use.

If I can afford to, I would love to stay in Japan.

But it's also true about there being rude people and they tend to be the very old generation. I got shove aside and nudge by the few times a day I am on walkabout including old japanese retiree type hobby photographers. Literally got shove aside just because he wanted a better shot of a boat coming in to dock and I was there first looking thru my lens and no apologies give but a few time heard them muttering under their breath. But those I have see in Singapore doing business with Jap MNCs senior management folk in the 80s.... the old school type which I guess might be those that support WW2. but the younger ones including those in my age group of 50 or younger... very well behave. As they don't put out their mobile as much I too become less likely to keep pulling out my mobile to check for messages.

The moment I touch down in Singapore, already at the airport, the usual kiasu mannerism come crashing back. From people with their trolley pushing towards you not looking where they walk 'weaving about' glaring into their phones expect you to make way for them. Using the elevator they barge their way in fist and have the thick skin kahunas to stay at the front entrance portion of elevator doors instead of moving inside. Immediately I am reminded I am back in Singapore. Sigh.

I always have good chats with the older photographers in Japan whenever I'm back there. They're plenty polite and very nice people to chat with

I am sure there are... I just got 'lucky' to meet two 70plus gentlemen that were not that graceful among the many others I met and shot next to at the Odaiba Park. Black sheeps are everywhere just they tend to stand out a lot more over the sea of polite citizens when bad happens. There was one guy in particular I wish I could talk more to but he totally don't know english and I can't seem to get my translator app on my phone to clearly talk to him. He was using a D700 and he saw my D4 and he was interested to know how it shoot and a lot of hand gestures trying to explain the features and he borrow my lens to shoot and letting him put his CF card to record. So you got lucky if you can speak japanese with those you met. Did not managed to come across many who can speak English and others just give you a weird smile looking at what I was doing on all four with butt in the air shooting the Tokyo Skytree.