Look Ma! No Hands!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dynermite

Nov 18, 2008
east
www.photoblog.com
***sorry mod! i may have pasted the wrong link to the photo in the last thread!*** :sweatsm:

hi guys! just want some C&C to see how my standard is like.

3305978843_df643d133c.jpg

in what area is critique to be sought?
okay, i would like C&C on the composition of the picture and other technical aspects such as lighting and colour. i did not do any post processing to this picture. what you see is exactly what i took. no cropping either.

under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
taken at the skatepark at somerset on a sunny afternoon. if i remember correctly, it was probably around 4pm. i had the settings in my camera tweaked to their maximum (saturation, sharpness etc.), save for contrast which was down by about one or two points.

what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
generally, i think that the vibrant colours reflect the spirit of the sport- skateboarding. i don't think that the picture has any major flaws but of course, i could be wrong. it's not a photo worth shouting about and i would like to know what i can do to improve on it and to apply to such action shots in the future.

thanks a lot in advance!

dynermite

I say wait for him to show his face while in mid-air, give more space to the left of the frame. You are almost smacking him into the centre. And if possible, do panning.

I too would prefer to see the expression of the person since it gives more soul to an image. To me, inserting a human element is one of the most important aspects when photographing people, including sports.

Status
Not open for further replies.