Lonliness

Status
Not open for further replies.

starocker

Jun 27, 2008
Yishun
pix.ie
J0063704editer

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
in composition, contrast

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
Was trying to capture how light can affect the quality of an image, same image with different light makes a lot of difference.

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
when i was in melboune. was at the back of a moving van. shot through the window. it was a partially cloudy day.

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
when i was sitting at the back of the van and everyone was asleep, i felt lonely. i looked out the window and saw these beautiful trees with very little leaves (winter). so i thought that if i converted the image to black and white, it can portray a lonely feeling.

please throw any comments and critique..i wanna improve..thx:D

pretty interesting... but can u post a larger version? :)

shooting forest most of the time we leave out the foreground cos usually there's nothing much on the ground. this... u have done it.

quite like the composition and b/w is good. BUT... too black and too white... no details on the trees. they are all pitch black. :) i think it works well if there is a wee bit of details on the tress. :)

shooting forest most of the time we leave out the foreground cos usually there's nothing much on the ground. this... u have done it.

quite like the composition and b/w is good. BUT... too black and too white... no details on the trees. they are all pitch black. :) i think it works well if there is a wee bit of details on the tress. :)

oo..okok..mayb i contrasted and saturated the image too much? because the original picture has quite a few details in it..but thx =) will try to improve..any more comments? haha..

Honestly I wouldn't expect a lot of detail in the trees, at least no the side facing you, because this is a back-lit situation and I believe achieving a silhouette ties in better with the mood than exposing for the foreground detail, and blowing out the sky. Give and take, either detail in the sky or detail in the trees. Besides, don't the defined leaves and branches qualify as detail?

I like the feel of this, though I would have loved to see more of the sky. I think the overcast sky lends to the mood even more.

For a shot out of a vehicle, composition is really quite good. I like this image. :)

apologies... just read pt 4 of TS. given that situation. its not a bad capture. :)

was just hoping for more distinction of the trees too. its a bit too cluttered. not a lot... just a bit. hehe.

i wonder how the original pic looks like... was the sky blown out?

Honestly I wouldn't expect a lot of detail in the trees, at least no the side facing you, because this is a back-lit situation and I believe achieving a silhouette ties in better with the mood than exposing for the foreground detail, and blowing out the sky. Give and take, either detail in the sky or detail in the trees. Besides, don't the defined leaves and branches qualify as detail?

I like the feel of this, though I would have loved to see more of the sky. I think the overcast sky lends to the mood even more.

For a shot out of a vehicle, composition is really quite good. I like this image. :)

i dislike this image, it looks like a snapshot to me.

someone once said that, if you look at an image and do not know what the subject is in 5 seconds, then you need to reshoot here.

i am looking at this for quite some time already, and i still am not sure what your subject is. what is it?

thats not much better need help choosing help a lowepro backpack!
anw with regards to the picture.
i really dislike the contrast. the middle portion is completely blown, one big patch of deadspace.you couldve stopped the car and gone into the forest to make better use of the light, photographed the sleeping people in the
car against the backdrop of the trees, or get some reflection from the car window or even better a foggy car window(as you shoot thru it) with the trees. it's very difficult to make a good picture of just silhouetted trees, need to add something more interesting on top of that. i do like the top left corner though

thx alot:D was really lucky to take this at the right time..i took about over 100+ pics out of the window jus for a shot that expressed my mood at that time..

apologies... just read pt 4 of TS. given that situation. its not a bad capture. :)

was just hoping for more distinction of the trees too. its a bit too cluttered. not a lot... just a bit. hehe.

i wonder how the original pic looks like... was the sky blown out?

here is the original pic :D
J0063704.JPG

lol..chill night86mare and pyrique..dun ned to have a war here..but its interesting to hear your views..i learn that something i see might not be something another person see..thx for your comments..

1) a picture taken without thought, or at least without apparent thought

2) no, but if they have more personal value than anything else, then you may get less upset if you do not showcase them online, since people will not be able to appreciate the amount of worth you give it. and learning this is important.

3) see 2

hmm..as for 1..i was feeling lonely..so i thought i would like to capture a picture that might give a person a lonely feeling..

2, this photo has not much personal value to me..it just give me a feeling of lonliness when i look at this pic, hence the title..

so aside from looking like a snapshot to you, do you see anything else in the pic?care to comment more pls;)

thats not much better need help choosing help a lowepro backpack!
anw with regards to the picture.
i really dislike the contrast. the middle portion is completely blown, one big patch of deadspace.you couldve stopped the car and gone into the forest to make better use of the light, photographed the sleeping people in the
car against the backdrop of the trees, or get some reflection from the car window or even better a foggy car window(as you shoot thru it) with the trees. it's very difficult to make a good picture of just silhouetted trees, need to add something more interesting on top of that. i do like the top left corner though

hmm..interesting..mayb i contrasted it a little too much..haha..i wanted to have the feeling that u can have a bright sunny sky (like a cheerful feeling) with a darkness (lonely) in the picture..getting out of the van was out of the question as we were driving up a winy mountain..tried to make the window fogg up wif my breath then taking a picture..but i din have the result i wanted..i think it would have looked better if there was more natural fogg in the area..was kindahigh up in the mountains..but dunno y no fogg:confused:

so aside from looking like a snapshot to you, do you see anything else in the pic?care to comment more pls;)

i can't see anything.

if you intend this as a mood photo, the mood is not quite strong enough for it for me to overlook the first thing that leaps out at me, that there is no clear subject or anchor element.

pyrique shoots street primarily, it is slightly different from landscapes, the approach generally accepted today.

Status
Not open for further replies.