Long lens with kata DR466i

Cowseye

Mar 7, 2010
Singapore
www.ttlo-cowseye.com
Hi all. Could anyone share or advice what orientation should I put a long lens (70-200mm or 150-500mm) in the above mention bag. tripod collar must be included along with a SB-900 and a D300s. I'm trying to achieve this without using the top compartment.

Thank you all in advanced ;)

It lloks like you can only put the 150-500mm horizontally in the main compartment as the lens is ~10" long but the main compartment is 13"x6"x7.5". I would assume the only way you can fit it in is with the lens mounted on the camera and horizontally in the bag. There should be enough space above the lens + camera for the sb-900.
Time to get a bigger bag mate. ;)

fmeeran said:
It lloks like you can only put the 150-500mm horizontally in the main compartment as the lens is ~10" long but the main compartment is 13"x6"x7.5". I would assume the only way you can fit it in is with the lens mounted on the camera and horizontally in the bag. There should be enough space above the lens + camera for the sb-900.
Time to get a bigger bag mate. ;)

Sob sob ;( I love this bag

If it can fit mounted, then I'll try it unmounted. Hopefully can still fit the body and flash within the remaining space of the compartments.

Sob sob ;( I love this bag

If it can fit mounted, then I'll try it unmounted. Hopefully can still fit the body and flash within the remaining space of the compartments.

Yeah well, i tried fitting the 150-500mm into my beloved kata 3n1-33 by rearranging the inserts. It fit but was so painful to remove that I finally gave in and bought a Lowepro Prorunner 300A.

Good luck with your packing. Coincidentally I'm off to Indonesia tomorrow so will be packing away my 150-500 as well. :)