Long leg spidey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaknafein

Oct 29, 2005
my room
www.flickr.com
Hi, i went to sungei buloh recently and took some macros. didnt manage to catch much, but i particularly like this composition. well, thats in my eyes, but i would like to know other's opinion too, so i would appreciate if i can get some pointers on this photo. TIA!
sorry pardon the noise :(

DSCF1804e1s.jpg

sungei buloh
F4.3
1/800
ISO 200
focal length 250mm
ext. flash used

what the what happenned to the other 2 legs. missing

is taken on fuji s9500

issit a must to keep all 8 legs in focus? :dunno: i couldnt get that DOF even with F11...

i'd like to harness the power of my gf's a95, can u show me your collection of pictures taken with a95. Offtopic abit, sorry, any tips n tricks for a95.

:D thanks.

interesting piece, something attractive about the muted colours, ever considered a square frame removing some space from the left?

Zaknafein said:
is taken on fuji s9500

issit a must to keep all 8 legs in focus? :dunno: i couldnt get that DOF even with F11...

nope i am not talking bout a must get all the legs to be focused. i mean where are the other 2 legs of the spider HAHA!

eikin said:
interesting piece, something attractive about the muted colours, ever considered a square frame removing some space from the left?

hmm im not really creative in framing, and i think a square crop only works on some photos...
ill try a square crop and post after i bathe :)

knpan said:
nope i am not talking bout a must get all the legs to be focused. i mean where are the other 2 legs of the spider HAHA!

ohh, the 2 other legs are out of the depth of field hidden by the yellow part of the spider body.

nice yellow detail. but i really cannot see a spider. the lighting is flat and do not reveal the form of the spider. did u try to change your POV?

whats pov? short cuts are killers

knpan said:
whats pov? short cuts are killers

pov=Point of View

Background looks dirty to me. Touch up in PS, adjust the curves so that it will become more 3D. 6.5 out of 10.

thx for all the comments.
i think the suggestion to make the web more visible is very true :)

Actually, on the contrary, i think making your web moe visible is not necessarily needed. What you possibily need is a better rapport with your subject. Go nearer, fing and angle that you can showcase the beauty of the spider as it is. Eye contact. Check out Ortega's works. :thumbsup: stuff you can pick up there.

cheers

The "missing legs" is what that makes this shot less than perfect. Good try though...

Status
Not open for further replies.