Long Exposure

Status
Not open for further replies.

muths66

Jan 14, 2009
Hi ,I like to check with u guys for long exposure on manual bulb mode like 1-5mins on D90 will the camera tends to spoil easily?

Last edited:
Hi ,I like to check with u guys for long exposure like 1-5mins on D90 will the camera tends to spoil easily?

Wouldn't that be stated in your manual as "Don't do this!" ?

Hi ,I like to check with u guys for long exposure like 1-5mins on D90 will the camera tends to spoil easily?

No lah. Why will spoil?

Hi ,I like to check with u guys for long exposure on manual bulb mode like 1-5mins on D90 will the camera tends to spoil easily?

U worry too much... :)

R u going to do a bulb exposure aiming at the sun for 5mins? If not, then don't worry too much.:)

When you do it against direct sun, mostly it will spoil..

For night shots, when you use long exposure, mostly the settings will be F12 or smaller.
So it's quite safe as not a lot of light will be captured. ;)

not unless you are doing stupid things.

i have taken countless 1-8 minute shots with my k20d, it is not a d90, but i don't see how that would make the camera spoil easily, unless you do something silly, as mentioned by others, like 5 minute exposure with the sun blazing high in the sky.

On my D200, the body would heat up really bad and with the notoriously bad battery life, I guess my battery will spoil cos have to charge more often?

Status
Not open for further replies.