long exposure layer blending

jialat. why are ppl calling me boiboi now:angry:

cos u told me that's your nick ma.. haha.. ah boy -> boy boy lor... anyway can only call u for a few more years.. treasure it lah... haha

tks.. wanna save $ on nd grad.. hahaha...

but to be honest, not that much of an outlay is required for nd grad -

of course, it depends on your own personal evaluation - whether you are willing to spend the time to slowly layer blend everything - it is not easy...

just to check, how does the use of ND remove the need for blending?

If you're talking about GND.. then it makes sense.. But for ND, it will not help in High Dynamic range scenes or left right mountain (histogram) scenes right?

Last edited:

If you're talking about GND.. then it makes sense.. But for ND, it will not help in High Dynamic range scenes or left right mountain (histogram) scenes right?

we never claim that using nd will do away with the need for blending...

? he said nd grad. which is gnd lar:bsmilie:

cos u told me that's your nick ma.. haha.. ah boy -> boy boy lor... anyway can only call u for a few more years.. treasure it lah... haha

only for aunties to call lar. a bit weird if old guys starts going boiboi. shivers.

we never claim that using nd will do away with the need for blending...

You asked whether it's possible to do layer blending, and then commented that you wanna save on ND..

Isn't it implying to ask whether blending can substitute the use of ND, and this implies that the use of ND can potentially means reduced PP work, including layer blending?

Also, NM's reply mentioned about compromise between amount of PP work (blending) and cost of ND.

So it kinda imply that the 2 ( ND and blending ) could be substitute for one another, so I just wanna clarify how is it possible..

? he said nd grad. which is gnd lar:bsmilie:

oh.. ok.. never used those so not familiar with the terms..

In that case, its clear then.. I retract the question.. not sure why tends to associate nd grad with ND Grade filter.... :bsmilie:

Last edited:
You asked whether it's possible to do layer blending, and then commented that you wanna save on ND..

Isn't it implying to ask whether blending can substitute the use of ND, and this implies that the use of ND can potentially means reduced PP work, including layer blending?

Also, NM's reply mentioned about compromise between amount of PP work (blending) and cost of ND.

So it kinda imply that the 2 ( ND and blending ) could be substitute for one another, so I just wanna clarify how is it possible..

i say wan to save on nd grad... nd grad = gnd...

Last edited:

i said nd grad.