Lonesome road

Status
Not open for further replies.

wattky

Jun 24, 2006
I took this photo while I was travelling alone in Hokkaido. Wanted to create a feeling of loneliness that is not without freedom. Does it work?

DSC00735Mod2.jpg

Very nice and cheerful for me.....doesn't feel lonely....:) May be more groomy weather will make the lonliness more....

You ride a bike on such a long road ah?? You Iron-Man?? After take will run and swim in the sea??:bsmilie:

lastboltnut said:
Very nice and cheerful for me.....doesn't feel lonely....:) May be more groomy weather will make the lonliness more....

You ride a bike on such a long road ah?? You Iron-Man?? After take will run and swim in the sea??:bsmilie:

Hehehe well its the kind of loneliness that u get sometimes when u're on the road alone. :think: But I wanted to emphasis the kind of loneliness thats not associated with gloom or sadness. Though alone, there is freedom to do, to go wherever one's heart desires? hehe Oh the bike its not mine, it was there when I took the photo. The owner was somewhere else doing whatever his heart desires ;) I not fit (though I would like to :sweat: )to ride sucha long distance hehehe

Very nice photo, good composition also I think.

A nice photo to look at and think about.

But taking in the title, it would be best if the people were not there.

Cheers :)

imo, the orig photo can be improved by some cropping.
the empty space at the bottom is just redundant and doest help.
by focusing closer on the bicycle (with some rule of 3rd) and the long road ahead (with the lines vanishing into the horizon), u can still get the sense of loneliness in the photo.

DSC00735Mod28x6.jpg

my preference, more road less sky. :) and bump the colours up a little.

To me this is more like a snapshot of a bicycle with nice background, nothing much of a lonesome road.

"Not enough road"

Pablo said:
Very nice photo, good composition also I think.

A nice photo to look at and think about.

But taking in the title, it would be best if the people were not there.

Cheers :)

Darn u spotted them hehehe ;) I waited a long time for the crowds to clear as it was quite a stretch of road so there were always some pple coming to and fro esp in bicycles. Thanx for the kind comments :D

Maybe during a sunset would have brought u closer to loneliness! Also a newbie here..heheh

Blade777 said:
Maybe during a sunset would have brought u closer to loneliness! Also a newbie here..heheh

Hehehe I wish I could stay for sunset too but the last bus leave at around 3 or 4pm in the afternoon after which I'll have to go on a road march back to hotel hehehe ;p

scud said:
by focusing closer on the bicycle (with some rule of 3rd) and the long road ahead (with the lines vanishing into the horizon), u can still get the sense of loneliness in the photo.

DSC00735Mod28x6.jpg

Hi scud, thanx for the constructive comments. Up till now, I'm still fumbling with the rule of 3rd thingy :sweat: But I was wondering, would cropping the photo diminish the sense of "wide open road that leads to the blue open sky n beyond"? :think:

The original is nice. The markings on the road leads the eye to the horizon and so does the sloping landscape and the edge of the road. The bicycle as well is angled the same way. It all makes for a nicely composed photo. There isn't a sense of lonesomeness though. It is on the other hand very cheerful. And it's the bicycle that draws the focus because it's the only thing that breaks the flow of the scene.

Maybe a title like yellow bicycle would work. Or a slightly more arty farty - yellow bicycle under shade of sun.

foxtwo said:
my preference, more road less sky. :) and bump the colours up a little.

dominator said:
To me this is more like a snapshot of a bicycle with nice background, nothing much of a lonesome road.

"Not enough road"

Thanx foxtwo & dominator for both your comments. I'll try and build more roads next time ;p

shojibake said:
The original is nice. The markings on the road leads the eye to the horizon and so does the sloping landscape and the edge of the road. The bicycle as well is angled the same way. It all makes for a nicely composed photo. There isn't a sense of lonesomeness though. It is on the other hand very cheerful. And it's the bicycle that draws the focus because it's the only thing that breaks the flow of the scene.

Maybe a title like yellow bicycle would work. Or a slightly more arty farty - yellow bicycle under shade of sun.

Hehehe roger that shojibake, I'll try to think up a better name next time ;)

scud said:

DSC00735Mod28x6.jpg
I agree. Either more road, less sky, or more sky, less road (I would prefer this). Half-half doesn't quite seem to work.

But I like the idea and I love the colors.

It gives me a "found happiness within the bounderies of loneliness"(sounds weird) feeling...

Cause i prefer to be alone..
peaceful...:rolleyes:

but i think if it adds a little more contrast.. it will look better?..

Jwenz said:
It gives me a "found happiness within the bounderies of loneliness"(sounds weird) feeling...

Cause i prefer to be alone..
peaceful...:rolleyes:

but i think if it adds a little more contrast.. it will look better?..

Yup I guess u took the words out of my mind :bsmilie:

wattky said:
Yup I guess u took the words out of my mind :bsmilie:

wow.. this proves i can read people mind..=/..

joking.. haha..:sweat:

ok ... this is double comment i got ..

First the cropped photo by one of the forum member .. Sorry the org is better .. the newly crop photo look like a trap .. enclosure , entrapment of the freedom ....

Ok the Photo .... hm.. the contrast is good , yellow blue green . .. the line of the road is abit distracting . .. cos it kinda show .. where it started .. taking away the endless feeling .. the white line act like a ruler that measure the distance .. taking away the freedom .. that is much expressed ..

The far reaching sky have that effect of never endling ..which give hope ....

The photo show slihtly law bidding .. feeling .. why so .. The bike is park on the road .. slightly off the rough ..

is like .. you choose to be on the lane .. instead of cutting cross the grasses .. placing it toward the rough would give more sence of breaking for freedom .. and giving it a more robust feel ..

Japan is a nice place i been there myself and had stay there for sometime .. love that place

Your work is the better one i seen so far.. maybe cos my personal love for japan played a role in giving it a better judgment .. then again .. keep up the effort .. good work

osix uvlux

Status
Not open for further replies.