Lonely

JoelImmanuel

Sep 19, 2011

1.In what area is critique to be sought?

I personally love this photo but I am keen to know if there is any area in which I can improve it in either the post processing or initial taking of the photo.

2.what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?

I wanted to show how beautiful these animals are but also how lonely they are in this enclosure.

3.under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)

Overcast day.

4.what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture

Personally i love the photo because of the emotion displayed by the monkey which i can feel. But I am keen to know if others can feel it too.

e.g. From the colours of the sky, I think I have successfully captured the
mood of the setting sun, but I should have taken more precaution in the tilting
of the line of horizon and obstruction from some foreground objects.
Last edited by eikin; 25th April 2007 at 08:45 PM.

IMG_5837.jpg

excuse me, this is an orangutan, not monkey.

I think you have captured the emotion of the orang utan perfectly if you are intending to emphasize on loneliness or such emotions of longing.

However, the sun is a little too bright and very distracting in my opinion. It is stealing attention away from the priceless expression of the subject. Furthermore, the colours don't really depict the cooler tones which I would normally associate with loneliness. it's much too bright and cheery.

Nevertheless, I think it's great overall and good framing in relation to the green foliage of the surrounding trees. .

Cheers.

I think you have captured the emotion of the orang utan perfectly if you are intending to emphasize on loneliness or such emotions of longing.

However, the sun is a little too bright and very distracting in my opinion. It is stealing attention away from the priceless expression of the subject. Furthermore, the colours don't really depict the cooler tones which I would normally associate with loneliness. it's much too bright and cheery.

Nevertheless, I think it's great overall and good framing in relation to the green foliage of the surrounding trees. .

Cheers.

Thanks !

I somehow don't get the feel of loneliness. Firstly, I feel that the image is too focused on the Orang Utan and does not explain much about its surroundings. Considering that the Orang Utan seems to be looking down, maybe you could have included a little more to the bottom of the image to depict loneliness. Perhaps it is looking at nothing but empty land etc.

Also, I am getting the feel that the image has been cropped quite a bit. Which leaves me guessing as to why it was cropped? Were there other Orang Utans around that you wanted to remove from the image?

Lastly, the brightness on the left (which im guessing is due to lens flare) does not seem to have a place in the photo. Just my two cents worth.

Cheers