Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfgang Steiner

Deregistered
Aug 23, 2006
Hi,

another picture for you...

6390975-md.jpg

Seen at the namib desert 2 months before.

Best regards

Wolfgang

http://www.wolfgangsteiner.com

The story behind it:
http://www.wolfgangsteiner.com/blog-do-show-blogid-40.html

1) find the framing a little too tight, a little more space above the tree would have been preferable
2) not sure whether it's jpg compression or some form of post processing, look at the top portion of the tree, there is some murkiness and funny texture around the branches
3) but otherwise i like the shot, the starkness of the colour of the tree against the blue sky and sand, along with the very different textures makes this a picture full of contrasts

I agreed with Night86mare, there are some murkiness seen on the top of the branches, but could it also be the heat wave given up from the branches? You know, sometime when the weather is too hot, you get to see some those heat wave thing emitted out from the ground?

Overall, I like the clear blue sky and the brown sand, cause it convey a very hot day kind of message. The heat is really unbearable.

Thanks for sharing!

Besides the tight cropping, it would be better to place an object of focus to serve as a scale. Its hard to tell how big or small the bare tree is.

wooo love the sky >.< why singapore dun have!
could do with a little more breathing space on the right n top of the photo. :)\
like the shadow casted.

wooo love the sky >.< why singapore dun have!
could do with a little more breathing space on the right n top of the photo. :)\
like the shadow casted.

:bigeyes::bigeyes:

i have seen this type of sky quite a number of times since i started photography this year

maybe you need to look up more often, god knows i do

The end of the tree branch is touching the sand dune on the right side of the photo.. it is a bit distracting... Maybe u could try for a lower prespective...

Status
Not open for further replies.