Lonely girl

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-Slinger

Jul 22, 2009
Lost_and_lonely_girl_by_X_Slinger.jpg

1)I would like to know if the effect and the color works out for this.

2)It was taken when the parents left her waiting there alone.

3)For me , I think the black bag there is abit distracting . other then tat i think the framing was not too bad.. The feeling of loneliness and people around her doesnt care.

Hi, I feel that the girl in the photograph gives me the impression that she is more tire that lonely. :)

i feel that its underexposed. also i would prefer that the girl is in the midst of ppl who are walking by to greater enhance the effect.
if you can get her front shots it would be even better. :D

The framing focused too much on the girl, the feeling is gd, but can't really tell the full story.

I think this will be awesome in high contrast B&W

ND 10 stop, zoom out, girl bottom middle of picture. long exposure

. I assume the girl was sleeping/still

But the girl might end up looking dead instead =X....

Well, i don't know the full story, and yeah it's kinda underexposed so it's the lack of ambient light?

When shooting a street scene / journalistic style of photograph, two things to bear in mind.
Either it's a one shot that carry impact or a series of shots which will support a write up.

One shot only...the pictures got to worth a thousand words, so usually no write up is necessary. Like those of the National Geographics. The end result is...wow !

A sequence, meaning an event is happening, the need of before and after pictures to support the write up article. e.g. a street demo with the police firing water canon.

The photographer is also required to have a good knowledge in photography in order to produce good result.

Not an easy task as it sounds.

Hi thanks for the comments . Anyways she was there lying down after i shot , the next moment she got up , so no more chance to reangle and retake. Would remember what to take note of next time .

1)I would like to know if the effect and the color works out for this.

2)It was taken when the parents left her waiting there alone.

3)For me , I think the black bag there is abit distracting . other then tat i think the framing was not too bad.. The feeling of loneliness and people around her doesnt care.

1) i won't bother about the effect or colour if the most important thing, first and foremost : the composition is not there.

2) ok.

3) it is not too bad. framing? much too tight, with little context. i just see a girl's back, she is lying down. what could have been something more of a statement photo, has become a snapshot, because you have left out the context entirely. go wider here, and perhaps there would have been something.

I would suggest:
Shoot from a lower perspective.
Change it to black and white. The red and yellow is distracting, especially since your bokeh isn't there to isolate the subject.

its hard to tell that she is lonely when we can't even see any facial expression, or body language.

Good photographs stand out on their own, even without descriptions.
The picture does not.

I get what you mean, in fact I like the mild underexposure and colour treatment. But the picture itself just doesnt stand out.

Perhaps taken at a very high elelvation plus tele lens will get the effect that you wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.