Lonely Boat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 26, 2005
One of my many attempts to show the silhouetted landscape of Ha Long Bay. I thought that this is one of the better ones since the shot was taken from a high point on one of the islands.

As often in Ha Long Bay, lighting was not in my favor.

I waited a bit for a boat to get into the frame - hence, the title of the shot. The presence of the boat allowed a different composition, rather than having featureless skies and largely featureless, calm water taking up larger part of the shot.

Thank you for the comments.

Dec 7, 2006
west side!
if u could have made this into a pano, extending to the right, would be beautiful.
i feel that you could have done soemthign with the sky, i see possible colors... how about using a GND?

Mar 26, 2005
if u could have made this into a pano, extending to the right, would be beautiful.
i feel that you could have done soemthign with the sky, i see possible colors... how about using a GND?
I have a similar shot, sans the boat, as a pano. I may post it in one of the coming weeks, though I was not quite happy how the individual images got stitched together.

The color in the top right corner comes from the sun. It was the late afternoon and the sun was getting near the horizon resulting in too much contrast between bright skies and dark islands.

Mar 26, 2005
A similarly composed panoramic shot can be viewed HERE - as a reference. This panoramic image is not final, since I am not quite happy with results of the post-processing in Photoshop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom