London 2012!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slivester

Deregistered
Nov 9, 2004
Woodlands
humors.deviantart.com
Has been anticipating this victory. After all, its just merely a year ago when Lord Sebastian Coe who brought the Olympic momentum back to London.

Great one!

Slivester said:
Has been anticipating this victory. After all, its just merely a year ago when Lord Sebastian Coe who brought the Olympic momentum back to London.

Great one!
Sob!! Not for me! :cry:

I wanted either Paris or New York to win, especially Paris since they have already lost 2 sessions/bids.

No offence to London supporters but the Brits have given me the impression of being roudy and barbaric, especially after any of those major soccer matches. Their fans will start creating a lot of trouble on the streets and even start whacking fans from other teams. Furthermore the recent events of "happy slapping" just doesn't appear how could London win the bid.

The reason they won was mainly because the appearance of Tony Blair, Princess Anne and David Beckham, particularly Tony Blair.

Poor Paris!! :cry:

Regards,
-Michelle- :cry:

I had been quietly rooting for London to win the bid. i am glad it has turned out the way i wanted. too bad for Paris.

I wanted Landon to win too, after the French PM said that Brits have the worst cusine in Europe and all they contribute is mad cow. :bsmilie:

a slap for french cuisine! anyway, heard that french are too proud of their race. many years ago, was at london, but did not bother to cross the channel to visit france.

Darn! I was betting for Paris! :bsmilie:

Did anyone notice how the conference room cleared after the winner was announced? Only the Brits stayed behind. What poor sportsmanship!

yes, i noticed.

Throughout my europe trip, I can say that Paris has the most snobs. I too, hoped they didn't win.

no one's rooting for the ultimate underdog moscow? :p

London did well. They deserve to win. But Paris n Madrid were in my mind every as good. Too bad only one can win.

was rooting for moscow to make it... :(

afbug said:
I wanted London to win too, after the French PM said that Brits have the worst cusine in Europe and all they contribute is mad cow. :bsmilie:

From the movie Braveheart:

King Edward Longshanks: Leave us. (Punches his son.) Wallace has already killed the magistrate and taken control of the town. Stand up. Stand up. In the morning, I depart for France to press our rights there, and I leave you here to quell this little rebellion, understood? Is it? One day you will be a king. At least try to act like one. (The King leaves and Isabella runs over to help the Prince.)

Enemies then, enemies now.

Frm those warring days during the Dark Times, the fight for International Language right up to the Olympics race.

Seems that they share a love-hate relationship. :)

I'm glad london won. If all goes well, i should be in my final year there hehe!!! I always thought it would end up in london but for different reasons.

szekiat said:
I'm glad london won. If all goes well, i should be in my final year there hehe!!! I always thought it would end up in london but for different reasons.
yours is long haul studies. are you doing medicine?

Of course I am happy bcos my favourite Harry Potter books are from there :thumbsup:

London wins and now innocent people are being bombed and killed.

Status
Not open for further replies.