Lomography: Pretty cheap for a 120 film camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reportage

Nov 24, 2008
f1f8db0a.jpg

has anyone considered getting just for the heck of it...the whole kit is like less then one of my cheapest dslr lens.

these are toy camera AKA pin hole camera. u can even make one yourself by printing out the template online then cut and fold. walla, a lomo.

LOL. these toys are cheap but not the development of the films. besides its full of anticipation. unless u r patient enough and like surprises like KINDER BUENO, or else i would nt recommend you to get one. haha.

lets say out of 12 pictures developed from the 120mm film. half of them are over exposed and the other half of the remaining shots are like crap. HAHAHA. Instant viewing on my LCD screen is still the best.

Its still a cool camera to go!! :D

Last edited:
these are toy camera AKA pin hole camera. u can even make one yourself by printing out the template online then cut and fold. walla, a lomo.

LOL. these toys are cheap but not the development of the films. besides its full of anticipation. unless u r patient enough and like surprises like KINDER BUENO, or else i would nt recommend you to get one. haha.

lets say out of 12 pictures developed from the 120mm film. half of them are over exposed and the other half of the remaining shots are like crap. HAHAHA. Instant viewing on my LCD screen is still the best.

Its still a cool camera to go!! :D

my frd bought a holga and she's happy with it till date. I guess it's up to individual preferences.

Last edited:

:D

Holga(s) and Lomo(s) may be toy cameras, but they are not pin-hole cameras.

They do have actualy optical lens on them, not pin-holes like what you mentioned.

Diana...my very first camera...stop short at Sinar. A long journey.

Let me guess, u took this photo @ jurong point? Haha, i went in and have a look just now, the slim and wide devil (they called it) is quite cheap.

Other than that, i think blogshops selling at a cheaper rate.

I have played before, and yah, the develop fees are quite high, i ask to burn them inside cd, and i was charged like $27 for 2 rolls of films.

Results? Almost half of it is underexposed or with my finger (lol) or missing shots ( due to winding) and i sold the camera :cry:

No offence to lomographers, but if you simply consider the camera as nothing more than any other plastic toy the markup percentage based on cost price should actually be extremely high for the manufacturers.

Even better profit margin than Leicas. $$$ ;p

Last edited:
use the lousy mobile phone camera can already - lomo qualilty anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.