[LomoEffect] Rather addicted to it, am i using it correctly?

NikonMI6

Nov 1, 2009
.:North of Singapore:.
hi guys..

don't know where should i start.. am here to share with you guys how i felt and need some opinions and advices.. i recently started to add in lomo effect for my photos after learning it through a video tutorial.. then this is when i find it quite addictive.. cos whenever i apply the effect.. i find that the photos actually looks better than those normal pp that i've done to the photo..

is it because this is something new that i just learnt? looks new, a fresh feeling for me.. or is it that i've applied it correctly to the photo and lomo effect suit the photo just right?

not sure if i am expressing the dilemma that i am having here? pls do give opinions and suggestions on what i should do..

thanks in advance.. :)

Three examples from my Flickr
4550199515_137f1bb65c.jpg

4550197983_5ee0692b1c.jpg

4550836720_2b41633d03.jpg

From what I see.. The lomo effects are alright.

Just the 2nd one (Evelyn Tan's pic)..
To me, I don't think it's appropriate but the final decision is up to you. ;)

Remember this, lomo is fun!! :D

I agree! lomo is fun! :)

hmmm.. actually, i am not really sure what is right.. when i apply the lomo effect, it just gives me the 'right' feel.. :x

you should just look to buy a RF if not a SLR... then use slide films and cross process it... then you will get every possible lomo effect you are looking at...

you should just look to buy a RF if not a SLR... then use slide films and cross process it... then you will get every possible lomo effect you are looking at...
Don't think that will be a good idea.. :) i am not just about to give up everything and dive into the world of lomo..

am here just to try out it's effect and see what kind of impact does it have on photos.. the results are quite attractive to me.. :)

hmm, in my pt of view, these effects are slightly overexposed.
normally lomo or toy cameras don't produced such effect, instead they produced strong vivid colors. erm then again, maybe i am wrong, but thats the effect i gotten from my toy cameras.
maybe you wanna try editing the "Red Green Blue" at Channel column?
after which try to add in pin-hole effect.
its quite nice too.

there is this thing known as the gimmick syndrome.

when you discover something new, it is fresh to you. it is different. it is like taking a holiday out of singapore. you think that the sea is bluer, the grass is greener, and the people are nicer.

sometimes during the gimmick syndrome you really produce something nice. most of the time you don't. ask yourself honestly, which is which, and you will have your answer. there is no need for people to tell you what is right and what is wrong - because you 've already decided. if they pass judgement that doesn't sit well with you you'll just be defensive, and that helps nothing in that aspect.

cheers.

even the iphone has the lomo software.

I though lomography is about how the picture was taken and not knowing what you will get rather then the effect itself. Its infuriating and yet somewhat "fun" when rolls of film are either blank or half here half there.

ah...learnt something new to me today...the gimmick syndrome....

er, it's self-coined. i am not sure if it's an official term. :bsmilie:

lol, i tried to google for info, and apparently there's really a thing called gimmick syndrome! :bsmilie: