Lombok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canonised

Aug 27, 2003
Lombok is really Bali without the tourists ....
The main different between the two beautiful islands is their main religion - Bali is Hindu and Lombok is Islam. Bali is colourful and matured, but Lombok is an unpolished diamond. For those who like rustic and kampong-like .... Lombok's the way. :heart:
To give you an idea, a snapshot of the south western coastline of Lombok....
LB-7734.jpg

Hello Canonised,

Good photo and description of Bali/Lombok, especially the "unpolished diamond" reference. Well said! :thumbsup:

-steve

There are two "versions" of beaches at Lombok .... those southern and eastern beaches have white sands (with tiny bean-like shapes) and those western (facing Bali) has black sands (with sparkling dots like minerals) and very black pebbles and stones. This is volcanic remains from the volcanoes (Gunong Agung/Bali, Gunong Rinjani/Lombok).
The beaches in Bali are long and wide. The Lombok ones are narrow with big curves / big bays. Both are beautiful in their own way. This is due to the difference land formation - Bali is low lying, soft soils and Lombok has tough mountains / cliffs / stones near the beaches ... :lovegrin:
Hinduism is colorful and Hindu pray in every corners/temples and festivals. Islam pitch a simple outlook in life. But both are the same as true religions want only Peace and Kindness in their believers .. :heart:
LB_7269.jpg

Beach vendor in fashion parade ... :bsmilie:
LB-7372.jpg

straight out of the forties like in Singapore east coasts .... lots of coconut trees and cattles.
LB-7385.jpg

different huts design ...
LB-7375.jpg

see, told you no tourists here .....
LB-7374.jpg

wanted to go look at a undersea spring source about 100m from the shore, made a careless judgement to bring along my cam and a L in a local "sampan". Took this pic of another fisherman before my sampan almost overturned from a sudden strong wave. Luckily the 2 fishermen jumped overboard to balance it ..... :sweat: it almost turned out to be the most expensive travel i ever had ......
LB-8014.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.