lolz...sense? size?

Status
Not open for further replies.

clive

Oct 9, 2002
Visit site
digital is soooo fun!! :vhappy: hehe..sorry old boy, film's dead 4me ;) anyway, the next step now for me is to print all those painstakingly shot n processed pics...i was thinking through all the sizes from 3R to 10R and then decided to simplify things abit..

so i had an idea: why not just do away with all the R R R and simply print everything in A5, A4 and A3?

A5 = 5.94" x 8.4" (A5 is about the same size as 6R = 6" x 8")
A4 = 8.4" x 11.9" (A4 is about the same size as Super8R = 8" x 12")
A3 = 11.9" x 16.8" (A3 is like..well..slightly bigger than Super10R = 10" x 15")

i mean, being the fussfree person i am, this sounds good rite? espacially for the hobbyist, ie u wont need to go dead over which of the RRR u want to choose, just standardize all your digital prints to either A3, A4, or A5. its like, those "normal normal" shots just go for A5, then those more special ones => go for A4, then those really outstanding ones once a while print A3 lah! :) its like, u know, im gonna adopt this simple standard when i ultimately buy my own home printer. then i can kiss bye bye to the fuss of going down to lab already :cool: good idea? bad idea? comments? anyone thinks similarly? keke.. :light:

(1) Colour managment. You'll need a carefully calibrated monitor and printer to make sure WYSIWYG.

(2) Ink and paper is expensive at the consumer level. Cost per print may be more expensive than the lab. I'll rather let the lab handle the printing where I don't have to worry about supplies.

(3) Unless you option for a borderless printer, labs have the flexibility of choosing between bordered and borderless prints.

(4) If you are eventually framing up your pictures, there are seldom ready-made frames for ISO A-series. Of course, you can do your own framing...

But knowing your "kuan", since you kinda made a decision already, my comments will probably fall on deaf ears... :sweat:

Actually, it doesn't really matter if you adopt the "A" series sizes or the standard photo sizes (which is the something-R system adopted in Singapore - haven't seen it elsewhere). But if you want to frame or put them into albums, then it's better to stick to the standard sizes.

Regards
CK

Ah Pao said:
(2) Ink and paper is expensive at the consumer level. Cost per print may be more expensive than the lab. I'll rather let the lab handle the printing where I don't have to worry about supplies.

(4) If you are eventually framing up your pictures, there are seldom ready-made frames for ISO A-series. Of course, you can do your own framing...

actually...i laminate only... then throw here throw there and give here give there one :bsmilie: :) so framing wotn be much of an issue.

yupz..the cost of printign part..me still theorising for many months down the road...all the planning is still in the head one..nothign concrete happened yet..u got a point; ie whenever i fedup with printer adjustment, then yes, give to lab to print is still not a bad idea ;-)

ckiang said:
Actually, it doesn't really matter if you adopt the "A" series sizes or the standard photo sizes (which is the something-R system adopted in Singapore - haven't seen it elsewhere). But if you want to frame or put them into albums, then it's better to stick to the standard sizes.

Regards
CK

ah so desu...yappari ne! :) just as what i suspected...abluming the up will be the issue here . thnx for confirmign this point :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.