Logo Design Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren

ClubSNAP Admin
Staff member
Jan 16, 2002
Melbourne
A follow-on to the logo design mania (sort of) that was going on in this thread.

Seriously, we need to come up with a nice, new, funky logo for ClubSNAP and we want to see your design prowess.

Some guidelines to follow (but don't follow blindly-lah, just to keep in mind) :-
  1. Design must be clean and functional cos it will be used in a variety of applications eg. web, official correspondence, t-shirts, caps, etc. etc. Or can have multiple logos around the same theme for different usages.
  2. Try to communicate the convergence of traditional analog and new digital photography.
Please try your luck in coming up with something great looking. Afraid that there is no cash prize for this but you WILL be acknowledged as the designer and will therefore gain instant fame, recognition and status among ClubSNAP members and beyond.

Quick definition of clean and functional - not too many colors, easy to print and reproduce without hefty cost, design must not be too cluttered.

Please post your entry/entries here for all to admire and comment on. There is no end-date for this, and even when a design is chosen, can still submit cos needs change as we evolve.

p.s. pls DO NOT use Singapore flag in your design :p

i'll give it a shot...

logo with description and url
clubsnap_logo_1.gif

logo without description and url
clubsnap_logo_2.gif

logo on a tee-shirt
cs_tee_front.jpg

logo on a cap
cs_cap.jpg

wow, even display on t-shirt and cap. Nice one there.

Err... a bit plain for the t-shirt? :dunno:

plain and simple, I like this one.

Originally posted by jinn
i'll give it a shot...

logo with description and url
clubsnap_logo_1.gif

logo without description and url
clubsnap_logo_2.gif

logo on a tee-shirt
cs_tee_front.jpg

logo on a cap
cs_cap.jpg
:thumbsup:

logoClubsnap1.gif

Actually after all the images given, I still prefer the above one by willyfoo. Clearly shown between film and digital. Simple and sweet.

Here's my contribution:

clubsnap1.gif

clubsnap2.gif

Basically the logo shows:
1. Camera - Photography
2. Friendly Silhouette - A forum where friendly conversation takes place
3. Film and Digital - the two media
4. Blue color - as in the color of the sky. So its like a forum where you can talk about anything under the sky.
5. The clubSNAP wordings.

Image created in Freehand 10.

Comments?

Holly Cow! Camerakit, are you a graphic designer ? That's a piece of artwork, commercial quality. Can modify just a little bit to give it a non-profit org looks ?

Originally posted by revenant
logoClubsnap1.gif

Actually after all the images given, I still prefer the above one by willyfoo. Clearly shown between film and digital. Simple and sweet.

i really prefer this design....pretty cool...yeh....after all we are all camera fanatics...

Originally posted by camerakit
Here's my contribution:

clubsnap1.gif

clubsnap2.gif

Basically the logo shows:
1. Camera - Photography
2. Friendly Silhouette - A forum where friendly conversation takes place
3. Film and Digital - the two media
4. Blue color - as in the color of the sky. So its like a forum where you can talk about anything under the sky.
5. The clubSNAP wordings.

Image created in Freehand 10.

Comments?
maybe for the film part, can add in those hole by the side to clearly define that it is film....

Just my $0.02

Logos looking good so far keep 'em coming.....

If willyfoo doesn't object violently, how about updating his design with jinn's typeface and colors, and to make it less B&W and contemporary.

Wow, you guys are really good at graphic design....:gbounce:
Don't think I can come up with better designs, hehe.

Originally posted by OpenLens
Since you are looking to change the logo, you might want to consider moving away from the generic default vBulliten theme as well and come up with a total "fresh" look.
Yes, absolutely, thats in the plan, but right now, I think getting content, postings, and participation from members are higher up the priority list - after all, what good is a photoforum that looks good, but doesn't have many members and not many posts ;)

Originally posted by Poledra

I really like the defination and the bold contrast shown between the black and the white. :) It somehow just... shines out.... *shrug*

but this one gives me the thought that I have seen this design somewhere.......and reminds me some "brand".

I prefer the "camerakit"'s design:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
A very creative design. I really like it!

Hee... thanks....

However I am finding a little difficult to add the holes to the side of the film (as mentioned by BlueStrike) as the film is in a perspective view.

Status
Not open for further replies.