Logistics Photography Competition

ozlady

Deregistered
Sep 29, 2006

Entries close on 5th November, and information can be accessed from the competition website at:
http://photocomp2010.lscms.org or click on the image above.

Followed the link and look at this.....

11. No photos will be acknowledged or returned. By entering a photo in this Contest, each entrant grants a nonexclusive, transferable, royalty-free, worldwide license to edit, adapt, publish and distribute such photo in a royalty free logistics images collection. The photos will also be used in connection with the Contest and promotion of the Contest for advertising, marketing and promotional purposes in commerce and in any and all media now known or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity, without attribution, compensation, permission or further notification to the entrant, his/her successors or assigns, or any other entity, unless prohibited by law. Except for the foregoing license, the LSCMS does not claim ownership of any copyright in Contest Submissions.

Its another cheap attempt to build up the organiser's library of images.....

$1000 divided by 100 royalty photos = $10 per pix

Hi,

I had read terms and conditions and i 500% does not agree to be a part of it as there isn't any great opportunity for me.

Thanks!:thumbsd:

why they always try to make fools of photographers

:thumbsd:

Lame competition. Taking advantage of the photographer.

:thumbsd::thumbsd::thumbsd::sticktong

11. No photos will be acknowledged or returned. By entering a photo in this Contest, each entrant grants a nonexclusive, transferable, royalty-free, worldwide license to edit, adapt, publish and distribute such photo in a royalty free logistics images collection. The photos will also be used in connection with the Contest and promotion of the Contest for advertising, marketing and promotional purposes in commerce and in any and all media now known or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity, without attribution, compensation, permission or further notification to the entrant, his/her successors or assigns, or any other entity, unless prohibited by law. Except for the foregoing license, the LSCMS does not claim ownership of any copyright in Contest Submissions.

What a joke! I really wonder how do these organizers expect responses with such kind of attitude...:thumbsd::thumbsd::thumbsd:

I really would like to save this clause and put it up somewhere... :bsmilie:

And yet, people still send their pictures in... and the rip off goes on and on and on and on...

:devil::devil::devil:

like that also can... sigh...

Guys,

I am new to this forum and saw the preceding posts on what I think is a worthwhile competition to enter.

National Geographic and the SIngapore NEA for example has similar rules in their competitions - http://www.nationalgeographic.com/energizer/rules/

At the end of the day such competitions serve as an opportunity for us to have our work judged and compared with that of other photographers.

If we are experts and know that our work is beyond reproach and the $1000 prize is peanuts, we do not need to join

Guys,

I am new to this forum and saw the preceding posts on what I think is a worthwhile competition to enter.

National Geographic and the SIngapore NEA for example has similar rules in their competitions - http://www.nationalgeographic.com/energizer/rules/

At the end of the day such competitions serve as an opportunity for us to have our work judged and compared with that of other photographers.

If we are experts and know that our work is beyond reproach and the $1000 prize is peanuts, we do not need to join
and you have exactly the same IP as the TS.
Wonderfully coincedental yes?

Last edited: