Lodging recommendation for Tokyo

Status
Not open for further replies.

barracuda

Jul 14, 2002
Singapore
www.fearstar.blogspot.com
Going to Tokyo for a short trip in Oct. Now looking around for some cheap but decent accommodation. Does anyone have some recommendations?

Budget is below 8000 yen per person per night.

Thanks in advance. :)

If your budget is Yen 8000 you can try the business hotels, but rooms are small (same as the one above) but you get your own bathroom in the room.......there are many of them in Tokyo. All depends where you want to hang out the most, cause Tokyo is BIG

Thanks for all the quick responses, pls keep them coming.

We will arrive at around 8pm at Narita, so thinking of staying somewhere closer to the airport.

Hongsien: does hotel maruchu accept credit cards? many thanks.:)

"Tokyo" Narita Airport is technically located in another prefecture. It's far from downtown Tokyo-Tokyo.

Zuji has an offer for Sunroute Plaza in Shinjuku. Not sure if the offer is still running.

Thanks for all the quick responses, pls keep them coming.

We will arrive at around 8pm at Narita, so thinking of staying somewhere closer to the airport.

Hongsien: does hotel maruchu accept credit cards? many thanks.:)
They don't accept credit cards, in fact you need to use cash and slot it into a machine to get coupons for each night, and you give the staff these coupons.........this hotel is about one hour + 45 mins from the airport. Take the Skyliner from Narita airport (costs Yen 1920/person)

In my case I couldn't use their online reservation page, always get a 'Forbidden' message....so I emailed them:

"Information Desk" <info@hotelmaruchu.com>

Staff doesn't speak english that well, speak slowly and in simple sentences please........I know some singaporeans can speak like a Shinkanshen :)

HS

Last edited:
Latest to check in at Hotel Maruchu is about midnight, staff stays till 1 AM, but then better to come earlier. Door really closes at 1 AM!!

HS

Hi Tango Wasp!

I will show you the hip camera shops in Tokyo! Don't tell your wife!

HS

Try this business hotel. Very good.
Free wifi in the room with breakfast.
Some location are very close to train stations.
For camera buffs.. Ikebukuro Station is the best. All big camera boys are there beside each other. Bic Camera, Yamada....
http://www.toyoko-inn.com/eng/index.html

have a nice trip!

P.S. Oh I forgot. I think u dun need a credit card to reserve. Juz dun play them out or notify them earlier if u want to cancel.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the replies. Our flight will land at around 8.30 in the evening. The few hostels we contacted said it would be a bit too late for us to reach Tokyo and recommended us to find accommodation in Narita itself.

Thank you again for all the prompt responses. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.