Locations, Locations

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjana

May 24, 2004
Cloud Cuckoo Land
noob question here for people who shoot portraits/wedding. i saw quite a few on CS where the location is like the interior of some abandoned (?haunted) house, complete with rusty railings, bits of planks and dead leaves etc. are there places like that that are open to the public in singapore? is it like a trade secret? should i even be asking this question?? :bsmilie::sweat:

a lot of these locations can be used a few times..

then because the people who use them very happily post them up and blare it all over the internet, the relevant authorities or owners up the security on the places.

the worst is when there are group outings to these places, most of the time, if you keep it small, keep it low profile, nothing will happen, but people go as a big group of 8+, make a lot of noise, throw a lot of litter, and thereafter no one can use the location.

sometimes we all need to exercise a better sense of discretion.

anyways, most of such properties (e.g. old changi hospital or mathilda house) are relatively hard to shoot now, due to presence of guards or security cameras, and yes, by right, it is illegal to trepass.

a lot of these locations can be used a few times..

then because the people who use them very happily post them up and blare it all over the internet, the relevant authorities or owners up the security on the places.

the worst is when there are group outings to these places, most of the time, if you keep it small, keep it low profile, nothing will happen, but people go as a big group of 8+, make a lot of noise, throw a lot of litter, and thereafter no one can use the location.

sometimes we all need to exercise a better sense of discretion.

anyways, most of such properties (e.g. old changi hospital or mathilda house) are relatively hard to shoot now, due to presence of guards or security cameras, and yes, by right, it is illegal to trepass.

alamak! OCH now got guards liao ah? :cry:

aiyoh. too late to jump into the old house bandwagon then. any shifu here got an old house or two to spare? or maybe studio owner can open one.... :think:

aiyoh. too late to jump into the old house bandwagon then. any shifu here got an old house or two to spare? or maybe studio owner can open one.... :think:

Haha,

ask the studio owner to buy an old house :bsmilie: OCH, gah dawn shots make my hair stand. :X

Cowz.

If you plan to roam around in the wilderness of Punggol, add wild dogs to one of the hazards.

nah, must get a car first so can run inside if chased by wild dogs...

Last edited:
nah, must get a car first so cun run inside if chased by wild dogs...

Thats the catch, some locations in Punggol are quite off the road. :sweat:

Dun think there are any trade secrets. Pm the person who made the shots and they will usually be glad to tell you how to go. But of course some are plain selfish or they accidentally deleted your PM.

If you plan to roam around in the wilderness of Punggol, add wild dogs to one of the hazards.

all bark, no bite.

Sad , the two times I went I haven met any of them yet :(
Maybe they were busy chasing other fellas. But the mozzies loved me

Ryan

all bark, no bite.

So far, quite true. I'm not looking forward for the day where the dogs would make an exception, I'm still exploring the area once in a while anyway.

Dun think there are any trade secrets. Pm the person who made the shots and they will usually be glad to tell you how to go. But of course some are plain selfish or they accidentally deleted your PM.

it depends, if i know the person pming is going to bring his ah kong, ah ma, uncle, aunty, pet dog, pet cat, pet goat down to the place and hence create a lot of commotion and then end up having the location fenced up (think mathilda house).. then NO, i will not reply the pm.

it depends, if i know the person pming is going to bring his ah kong, ah ma, uncle, aunty, pet dog, pet cat, pet goat down to the place and hence create a lot of commotion and then end up having the location fenced up (think mathilda house).. then NO, i will not reply the pm.

Oh good. I am in the exclusion criteria for ur banned list.

btw not refering to u WK. just . some others.

Ryan

Oh good. I am in the exclusion criteria for ur banned list.

btw not refering to u WK. just . some others.

Ryan

nah, i doubt you were,

just explaining in public why i might have ignored pms.. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.