Locations for Long Grass, Lallang, Wheat etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vince123123

Anyone can help with locations with really long lallang or wheat-like grass? Exact location would be good (ie with road name and all) and best is if the place is "car friendly".

Thanks!

ortega said:
that location is at the punggol lalang fields
near the 100 acre woods.

I think you better name the road as not everyone knows where is 100 acre woods, it is after all a "code name" for our kopi sessions.:bsmilie:

let them break the code and the prize will be a detailed map (softcopy) to the location by our award winning photog

Thanks yqt and ortega.

How do I get to the "lallang fields" by car? Is there a road name or something?

ortega said:
that location is at the punggol lalang fields
near the 100 acre woods.

ortega said:
let them break the code and the prize will be a detailed map (softcopy) to the location by our award winning photog

ortega---->:devil: ;p

vince123123 said:
Thanks yqt and ortega.

I think you will have a hard time trying to go there on your own as it is inside some construction area that is still open to the public through a side road. You'll also need some "local, real time" info about the condition of the lallangs before going. Best to hook up with someone from around there. Saw some birds shooters there last time I was there.

vince123123 said:
Thanks yqt and ortega.

first guess why it is called the 100 acre woods
in the meantime i will check the street directory for the road name.
and yes you can go there by car, but you must walk abit.

eikin why don't you tell him where it is

from the street directory, I think it is called punggol drive, you can also enter via edgefield plains.

ortega said:
eikin why don't you tell him where it is

from the street directory, I think it is called punggol drive, you can also enter via edgefield plains.

streetdirectory not accurate one leh, that's why don't dare to give directions. punggol drive is supposed to be the road beside 100AW kopitiam, not that little road leading to the lalang field.

wah jialat like so hard to go even with a map....would be grateful if one of you can assist by giving specific directions here :p

safest drive along edgefield plains straight north, past punggol secondary on the left, go straight through the crossroad junction into an old road and past the construction site on the right, then reach the T-junction and turn right. bingo.

vince123123 said:
wah jialat like so hard to go even with a map....would be grateful if one of you can assist by giving specific directions here :p
vince, i think u have been there before, remember that Alicia shoot?

Ah that sounds somewhat familiar, but that time I blindly follow you around :p I didn't recall that we went into very dense lallang areas though. We were like near the MRT track, MRT station only.

Someone once brought me to a really good lallang area near OCH, it even has this nice big tree in the background...but I totally forgot how to get there as it was so ulu....

Astin said:
vince, i think u have been there before, remember that Alicia shoot?

vince123123 said:
Ah that sounds somewhat familiar, but that time I blindly follow you around :p I didn't recall that we went into very dense lallang areas though. We were like near the MRT track, MRT station only.

Someone once brought me to a really good lallang area near OCH, it even has this nice big tree in the background...but I totally forgot how to get there as it was so ulu....

that sounds more like the field beside Punggol Marina, it's a different place, one at east one at west of punggol. just follow the directions as above, you shouldn't get lost.

I'm looking up the street directory....and got all the way until the "cross road junction". The old road and construction site eludes me hahah. Cos the Street Directory shows the whole area as just GREEN GREEN blocks with roads around it.

http://www.streetdirectory.com.sg/singaporemap/singaporemap.php?ismap=1&starmode=0&x=37082.251909259&y=42991.060305556&star=1&iconlist=star1,37082.251909259,42991.060305556;&searchcompany=&searchunitno=&searchblock=51&searchstreetname=Edgefield+Plains&searchbuildingname=Punggol+Secondary+School&searchpostalcode=828870&searchmasterid=135489&searchbuildingid=7069&level=5?127,152

is this somewhat near to where you're referring to? :)

eikin said:
safest drive along edgefield plains straight north, past punggol secondary on the left, go straight through the crossroad junction into an old road and past the construction site on the right, then reach the T-junction and turn right. bingo.

eikin said:
that sounds more like the field beside Punggol Marina, it's a different place, one at east one at west of punggol. just follow the directions as above, you shouldn't get lost.

Eikin why don't you just org another lallang shoot?

Status
Not open for further replies.