Location to shoot now like sian

ley35

Oct 17, 2010
I wanted to shoot portraits but location wise its like getting boring.
all the nice places now are being too typical to shoot already. :cry:
anyone here have a location for me to shoot like outdoor
fashion shoot? something more dark feeling? haiya.......stress.

abit la. It depends, sometimes, even stair well can get very good shoots. And those can be found eventually everywhere.

Just wait for a while ... Gardens by the Bay

531_385%20Garden%20by%20the%20bay%20%20.jpg

gardens_by_the_bay.jpg

Story: - http://www.todayonline.com/Singapor...ardens-on-the-Bay-on-track-to-bloom-next-year

i guess its at marina barrage there .
longkang? which area of longkang is nice?
somehow it sounds like a good concept but have to match the theme uh.
LOLS:)

I wanted to shoot portraits but location wise its like getting boring.
all the nice places now are being too typical to shoot already. :cry:
anyone here have a location for me to shoot like outdoor
fashion shoot? something more dark feeling? haiya.......stress.

Unfortunately, if you don't do your homework and go to the mountain, the mountain doesn't come to you. I hope you do not think that the successful fashion photographers in Singapore just wait for good locations to drop into their laps.

agreed.

if you are shooting fashion, why you need the background to be more interesting than your subject?? the background (location) is to compliment your subject, it shouldn't get too much attention from your viewers.

chey. i should focus more on the subject i knw.
just that, now everywhere is under construction. =/:dunno:

chey. i should focus more on the subject i knw.
just that, now everywhere is under construction. =/:dunno:

Think of something that goes together.

If you look at great fashion shots (e.g. Zhang Jingna, our homegrown pride), everything goes together - location, styling, dress, expression. It falls nicely into place, and you want to look at it. There is nothing worse than a great location and great model going to waste because the concept was poor and substandard. Dedicate your efforts and energy to the right aspects when it calls for it.

Good luck!

Think of something that goes together.

If you look at great fashion shots (e.g. Zhang Jingna, our homegrown pride), everything goes together - location, styling, dress, expression. It falls nicely into place, and you want to look at it. There is nothing worse than a great location and great model going to waste because the concept was poor and substandard. Dedicate your efforts and energy to the right aspects when it calls for it.

Good luck!

thanks for the tips! will take note of it. thanks again!:)

make friends with the banglas, and then they'll let you in :bsmilie:

no need to friend with them lah, if you bring xmm or model there, their eyes will open big big as if they never see a gal before and let you in..