Location suggestions for shooting young amatuer models?

Status
Not open for further replies.

benedium

Jun 19, 2004
www.photo.net
Hi all, I'm pretty stressed about where to shoot 4 young (late secondary school) gals. Appreciate if some of you could contribute suggestions on where I can shoot them.

If I can get free help from makeup artists would be great too. Not a paid shoot. Just for practice, portfolio and fun.

I'm also looking for another photographer or two with experience to help pose them and stuff.

The shoot will be around next weekend Saturday probably...

no experience can anot?... can help u carry camera bag in exchange of shooting chance ;p stand there n see also good... ;)

You are to ambitious, how to shoot four of them without any repeat ion of poses? unless you are shooting in kind of styles: look at the camera, one, two, three, shiao!

Anyway, find a place easy for them to meet up with you, a place must have toilet, a place not to isolated, sikali let they turn around and frame you.:bsmilie:

Locations that I can think of:
Sentosa, Fort Cannings, Boat Quay, City Hall Supreme Court, all easily accessable and not too crowded on weekends, got toilets nearby, got shaded area for resting.

Astin said:
Locations that I can think of:
Sentosa, Fort Cannings, Boat Quay, City Hall Supreme Court, all easily accessable and not too crowded on weekends, got toilets nearby, got shaded area for resting.
I wanna go!! I wanna go!!

Thanks for the suggestions!
I'll check with the gals if they ok with all of you shooting.
As they are young and not very experienced, they hope got makeup artists and some styling help.
Any offers?

depends on what theme u want the shoot to be
example : urban look,can b at clark quay or the shophouses etc
sexy look. sentosa beach etc

depends on the girls,where they prefer to travel and where u feel comfortable to shoot

just some of my inputs/ suggestions :)

Okay maybe I am an old fart in the head heh...

Late Secondary school is still a minor. Be very careful where you thread with what you shoot...esepcially "kinda sexy" looking shots...I am not even talking about showing abit too much skin...even wearing bikini or a full swim suit might sensitive if their parents see it. Even model agencies are very careful when dealing with minor teens most of the parents actually attend and that might even be so for the boys.

I am not sure if you need to get the girls to notify their parents and to sign a release form and maybe consent form. Nothing happens..that is good and fine. Something happens and it involves a minor...you can be in a world of hurt especially if you are an adult. And even if you are of their age, that
still does not mean you are not liable. Even if you make it all look very well organise with makeup artist and stylist..etc. Just being the voice of reason abit when it comes to dealing with extra conservative Singapore parents...lah.

But if everything is planned nicely and you are mindful with what can be shot and not, gotten permission..etc....then have a good photo shoot session.

Consent form is just something everyone does, but I'm not sure if it is legally necessary. The only thing I can think of is unsubstantiated allegations of molest - in which case having a female MUA on hand is sufficient. Other than that, I don't think there's any particular issues resulting from the models being "minors". Even if their parents are not happy, the object of their wrath should be their children. There's no cause of action I can think of that allows the parents to target the photographer.

If anyone has contrary or other views, feel free to put up and we can discuss.

sammy888 said:
Okay maybe I am an old fart in the head heh...

Late Secondary school is still a minor. Be very careful where you thread with what you shoot...esepcially "kinda sexy" looking shots...I am not even talking about showing abit too much skin...even wearing bikini or a full swim suit might sensitive if their parents see it. Even model agencies are very careful when dealing with minor teens most of the parents actually attend and that might even be so for the boys.

I am not sure if you need to get the girls to notify their parents and to sign a release form and maybe consent form. Nothing happens..that is good and fine. Something happens and it involves a minor...you can be in a world of hurt especially if you are an adult. And even if you are of their age, that
still does not mean you are not liable. Even if you make it all look very well organise with makeup artist and stylist..etc. Just being the voice of reason abit when it comes to dealing with extra conservative Singapore parents...lah.

But if everything is planned nicely and you are mindful with what can be shot and not, gotten permission..etc....then have a good photo shoot session.

Hehe, the commercial photographer's mind at work...good one!! :thumbsup:

ortega said:
better still get the parents to be there, maybe can sell them some prints

Thanks alot for your advice. I truly suck at this haha. But no choice have to organise when I got no money to pay for real models haha. Taking any opportunity i get now.

hey u need 1 to help you hold fan, i am free, i help u, in return 200 shots:think:

Status
Not open for further replies.