Location permissions

Sgdevilzz

May 16, 2010
Good day y'all. I have an upcoming short film that I'm about to shoot and it requires the whole convenience store. I was thinking 7-11 or cheers but I wonder if they will allow it? It's a night shoot.

I know I can email but wouldn't it be better if I ask directly at the store instead?

Hi devil,
U can approach the store owner but he can't allow it if it's a 7-11 franchise, as the copyright still belongs to 7-11 & he's most likely a franchisee. Better u approach 7-11 HQ & seek approval, better luck there. Hope it helps.

Hi devil,
U can approach the store owner but he can't allow it if it's a 7-11 franchise, as the copyright still belongs to 7-11 & he's most likely a franchisee. Better u approach 7-11 HQ & seek approval, better luck there. Hope it helps.

I will try asking but i don't think their keen on helping me right? I mean, i have a budget but not alot, what can they gain? They are business minded so they only think about money..

never try, never know.. most likely your request will get rejected but well, there's nothing to lose.. perhaps u would get a positive reply from them.. and if your work is good maybe they'll engage your service for commercial shoot.. ;)

Last time i tried asking for a lobby at a condominium and got declined sadly. Now asking for a whole convenience store? hmm.. This proves, no money no talk. These people just want cash. That aside, i will try asking but i will most definitely get turned down again..

Hi devil, u're absolutely right- in spore no money no talk, it's sad but it's true, even our minister/mp also say low pay= low dignity. U need to try though. I was thinking if u have any influential actors/ actresses within yr cast and u can use their names to negotiate for permissions. Hope that helps.

Good day y'all. I have an upcoming short film that I'm about to shoot and it requires the whole convenience store. I was thinking 7-11 or cheers but I wonder if they will allow it? It's a night shoot.

I know I can email but wouldn't it be better if I ask directly at the store instead?

if cannot shoot. then do guerilla style.

even vincent laforet has said he has done it without permission before during the c300 seminar.

even if you get caught at the most they tell u cannot film. just make sure u dun get any logo of their shop can liao.

but u doing for your nyp project right, i think shouldnt be a problem. :)