Location Help!!

starqwerty

May 9, 2010
hi there i was wondering does anyone here know where i can get the location for those type of old HDB flat with all the room facing each other along a long dark walk way need it for a project..

hi there i was wondering does anyone here know where i can get the location for those type of old HDB flat with all the room facing each other along a long dark walk way need it for a project..

Try the old blocks, in older part of Marsiling... opposite Marsiling sec theres one or two i believe. Otherwise try Banda street, the block with the kopitiam downstairs. :sweatsm:

blk 33 taman ho swee . sorry , dont rememeber where i see the internal , some fourms i think. only can find the external now( but you can see the building is very long) :

this was my childhood place, the building is about 42 years old. this was like the 1st batch of HDB flat the government built, remember Tiong Barhu fire? this is a historic ground, better go shoot fast, that place might sell to some private sector soon coz that building is on top of a hill, very good fenshui. and it is pretty near to tiong bahru, this is a a gold land...

taman_ho_swee_0033_00001.JPG

Bukit Ho Swee fire

By Tan, Lay Yuen written on 1999-04-17
National Library Board Singapore

Comments on article: InfopediaTalk

On 25 May 1961, the Bukit Ho Swee fire devastated an area of 60 a. and rendered about 16,000 persons homeless. One man died and several people were badly injured in this Hari Raya Haji fire as it swept across Kampong Tiong Bahru through Bukit Ho Swee to Delta Road.

Description
The fire, the biggest ever fire in the history of Singapore, broke out at about 3:30 pm at a squatter district along the hillside of Kampong Tiong Bahru. Fanned by powerful winds, sparks from the fire set alight colonies of attap and wooden huts across the road, engulfing five blocks of flats and shophouses nearby.

Evaluation
Two oil mills, three timber yards and three motor workshops were destroyed. Explosions were heard as 22 fire engines raced to fight the inferno. Troops from the British Army in Alexandra and the Singapore Military Forces in Beach Road helped to contain rapidly erupting fire fronts.

Aid for the fire victims consisted of donations in kind and cash from both the public and the Government. The Government had also pledged to move 1,200 families or 7,000 refugees in stages into the various flats under construction and to build 12,000 low cost flats for the homeless on land ravaged by the Bukit Ho Swee fire.

Last edited:
Geylang Bahru a few blocks, try 61. One room flat facing each other with common corridor.

thanks so much for the help i go take a look tomorrow. hopefully i can find the long dark corridor with the room facing each other..