Location help: Any seaside places that can be recommended?

soundofsilver

Nov 17, 2014
Singapore
Okay, so first post jitters.

A great many years ago (in 2010), I was part of a shoot team who shot around a lesser-known part of our east coast area. I can't remember where was it but I am looking for a location to shoot by the sea, and was relatively quiet. There was a pavilion we could leave our things at. Specifically, I remembered that there was a huge rock in the water, near the shoreline and a barren tree about 8m from the coastline.

Here's some of the photos for reference:

1916630_383641541285_6420621_n.jpg

1916630_383641546285_4197015_n.jpg

1916630_383641551285_2211963_n.jpg

If anyone could point me in a direction of finding out where this place was, that would be awesome!

Also, if anyone has great seaside locations I can shoot, I would really appreciate all recommendations. I'm looking for somewhere a bit secluded, with a bit of character like rocky surfaces, seagrass etc. Importantly, shouldn't be too crowded as I don't wanna capture passers-by in the back.

Please let me know, thank you!

Welcome to ClubSNAP :)
Changi Boardwalk is an iconic place and relatively easy to get there from Changi Village if you use public transport.
The first picture doesn't fit in there, though. There is no fence or sort of building as in your pic.

Last edited:
Thanks for the answers guys. I actually went to Changi Boardwalk today to confirm it, and sadly, it's not Changi Boardwalk that I went to. I remember it being pretty obscure and not as open to public as the boardwalk is, so I am still holding out for more recommendations.

Thanks!

Thanks for the answers guys. I actually went to Changi Boardwalk today to confirm it, and sadly, it's not Changi Boardwalk that I went to. I remember it being pretty obscure and not as open to public as the boardwalk is, so I am still holding out for more recommendations.

Thanks!

It definitely looks like Changi boardwalk. Our wonderful govt has been converting our seaside making them a lot less obscure from last time. This is a picture of the rock and the tree you mentioned, shot by a great (late) landscape photographer.
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=853827&p=7433748&viewfull=1#post7433748

Thanks!
the rest of the coast line from Changi beach all the way to Tanjong Rhu are reclaimed land, unlikely you will able to find a huge rock and a barren tree in between.