Local yet foreign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boddah

Nov 8, 2004
Marine Parade / City Hall
building1cbd.jpg

havent been getting much comments/critiques whenever i post photos in this sub.. hope to get more soon.

cheers.:cool:

Ur a film student? @? Np?

Hmmm i like this pick pretty much cos of the lines and colours. But somehow it kinda gets a lil tiring to look at it cos its got not much else happening.
just my 2 cents worth

Chris Lim said:
Ur a film student? @? Np?

Hmmm i like this pick pretty much cos of the lines and colours. But somehow it kinda gets a lil tiring to look at it cos its got not much else happening.
just my 2 cents worth

yea im studying at np..
thanks for the comments..

actually i didnt plan to make the photo 'happening' cos it was meant to be sortof an architechtural photo and i intended it to look like they're buildings not from singapore.

Hmmm alright, i'm from FSV. anyways... you might wanna try to take it at a more angled view. Low angle kinda thing. Might work cos this one seems a little in your face kinda thing.

ooh i like this, particularly cos i like architecture shots. i'm from NP too btw, MCM.:D

I find the building on the left easy to look at but the building on the right a bit more straining on the eye. Where they meet seems particularly 'messy'.

this is boring. perhaps a shot of the same building from a different angle would help.

i find it rather stiff...:dunno: maybe when u convert to black & white will look better

:thumbsup: to the comments made.
I think if there was more "info" in this shot, it might make it more beautiful?

just my suggestion, since this is meant for architechtural photo, why not you take it as an overall building? Or with very low angle that involves with some sky and clouds that makes the bulding more stand out. That is what I feel...

on the contrary, i'd rather you go even closer to the building to capture a distinct portion that mesmerises.

anyone with a camera can take a shot of an entire building from a low angle. in fact, it's so overdone i literally feel vomit coming up my throat each time i see one. ;p

Waffle said:
on the contrary, i'd rather you go even closer to the building to capture a distinct portion that mesmerises.

anyone with a camera can take a shot of an entire building from a low angle. in fact, it's so overdone i literally feel vomit coming up my throat each time i see one. ;p

got picture of ur vomit to show?? :bsmilie:

Boddah said:
yea im studying at np..
thanks for the comments..

actually i didnt plan to make the photo 'happening' cos it was meant to be sortof an architechtural photo and i intended it to look like they're buildings not from singapore.

a couple of fundamental flaws ... what do you mean by 'sort of an architectural photo' ? what do you mean by 'buildings not from singapore' ? you'll probably need to be more well versed in the Modern Movement and Singapore's architecture history to make a convincing commentary IMHO.

eikin said:
a couple of fundamental flaws ... what do you mean by 'sort of an architectural photo' ? what do you mean by 'buildings not from singapore' ? you'll probably need to be more well versed in the Modern Movement and Singapore's architecture history to make a convincing commentary IMHO.

honestly, i shoot what my eyes think look nice.. i dont know much about architectural photography to start off with since i'm still a learning amateur.
i made that loose comment based on what i felt and thought of the photo. i thought the buildings didnt look like they're from sigapore.. as in, they can pass off as buildings from hongkong or the states.

i dont mean to offend anyone, but i think i dont really need to know about architechture history to make a comment on my photo. yes i do admit, knowing the history might help in making a 'better' comment, but nonetheless, im not an architechtural photographer, nor did i mention that i am interested in architechtural photographs. i shoot what i like and build on them, because i'm learning.

anyway, this photo is part of a mini series. since i can't post up more than one photo as per mentioned in the guidelines, here are the links to two other photos of buildings in spore.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/cosmicbeans/building2cbdlj.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/cosmicbeans/building3cbd.jpg

cheers.

the idea to play around with line is interesting, however the execution is boring. Perhabs you can try more dynamic line than static one.

its not perfect, but its a start. u may like 2 reshoot it diff time of d day / nite? i'll like it more if d colors were more punchy! :)

felt that there is no particular subject in focus. the parrallel lines on the both sides are total distraction. a different angle of shooting it might be nicer. have more contrast in the picture by having more darker shadows of other buildings on it and with some bright cloudy skies or something.

Waffle said:

overdone or not, there are good and poor executions. the ones you've wasted your bodily fluids are probably the poor ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.