Local version of Rodin's Thinker

Status
Not open for further replies.

smallaperture

Jan 5, 2004
Catchment Area
This was taken quite a few years ago, still looks good to me. :bigeyes::bsmilie:

w29560029.jpg

i guess your title does suggest what you're trying to achieve in the shot, otherwise maybe you want to put down in what areas you're actually looking for critique on?

although meant to be a tongue-in-cheek piece for Rodin's ''The Thinker,'' the chimpanzee's pose doesn't quite match in my opinion.

Hi there, just a quick observation on the composition, the chimp is placed central to the frame, with the end of the trunk on the third. This causes the eye to drift of the subject to the trunk. In order to enhance the 'mood' of the picture some additional space to the right for the chimp to 'look in to' would work well. Cheers.

i guess your title does suggest what you're trying to achieve in the shot, otherwise maybe you want to put down in what areas you're actually looking for critique on?

although meant to be a tongue-in-cheek piece for Rodin's ''The Thinker,'' the chimpanzee's pose doesn't quite match in my opinion.

Well, the first thing was the tongue in cheek thing for the French scupturer's "Le Penseur".

The 2nd thing is trying to show a picture taken like 5years ago on negative film taken like 5years ago. I will post a crop area of the picture - just looking back and compare it with what we can achieve now with the APS sensor and at the 10 to 12Mp resolution. All the more we wanna to compare at this time when Nikon has got a FF camera.

The scanned pic from film is so much better compared with that from my D200. I will post a cropped part from the pic to show. BTW, for a long while, no one think of film anymore. Hardly anyone borders to shoot film.

Well, the first thing was the tongue in cheek thing for the French scupturer's "Le Penseur".

The 2nd thing is trying to show a picture taken like 5years ago on negative film taken like 5years ago. I will post a crop area of the picture - just looking back and compare it with what we can achieve now with the APS sensor and at the 10 to 12Mp resolution. All the more we wanna to compare at this time when Nikon has got a FF camera.

The scanned pic from film is so much better compared with that from my D200. I will post a cropped part from the pic to show. BTW, for a long while, no one think of film anymore. Hardly anyone borders to shoot film.

since the discussion is intended to be for comparison of technology, thread will be moved to General, Reviews, Tech Talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.