Local Photographer Portal - will this idea work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul_Yeo

Feb 27, 2004
Sengkang
www.boo.sg
If set up a local photographer portal which

- contain links to all photographer's web site and portfolio
- the links will of course be categorised
- make this a one-stop portal to select & find photographer
- promote this site to places & people & orgn which need photogrpahy service.
- and from this site a link to CS forum
- online sale of stock photos
- online gallery of works (maybe select one photographer each week to show his work, and rotate?)

so far, there isn't any local portal which contains link to all all photographer website & portfolio rights?

it is like a yellow pages of photographer online

dunno if this idea will work?

we can pool $ together to host it. should be quite cheap since so many people, say 10 cent per person. (web hosting is like $10 per month, registration + domain not expensive too)

There's already singaporebrides.com. There's also a few others. But all commercial, if you can start one that's FREE it will be swarmed.

Dun understand, why link to CS? Why not link to DPReview, nikonians etc?

espn said:
There's already singaporebrides.com. There's also a few others. But all commercial, if you can start one that's FREE it will be swarmed.

Dun understand, why link to CS? Why not link to DPReview, nikonians etc?
becos it's easier to talk terms and conditions to locals admins and a good start from local platforms? Also being non-brand specific, you can attract a bigger photographer base

It will also generate publicity to CS on an int'l base if it takes off.

Why don't you set up a portal for local photographers, models and make up artists, we can call it Ah Beng & Ah Lian or Bengnerd & Lianna.

I want to be the first to sign up.

sgbrides is for wedding only right?

there are other photogrpaher right? product, stock, landscape, nature etc.

i am thinking of starting free for any photographer......

start small first, let our dear local photographer first.

of course, will have links to photographer resources & forums (but this is not impt as the main killer is the complete listing of photographers' sites and portfolios)

just an idea, dunno if it will work or not? :embrass:

catchlights said:
Why don't you set up a portal for local photographers, models and make up artists, we can call it Ah Beng & Ah Lian or Bengnerd & Lianna.

I want to be the first to sign up.

good idea for the model and makeup artists idea.

maybe start with photographer first, then expand in Phase 1.1? :embrass:

Haha, then all will start with funny names that will precede the first alpabet "A", so can end up on the 1st page. So many photographers, who will scroll through to the last page.

Hi, I think it's a good idea.
Check out lebook.com also
you may want to focus your idea to just listing photographers for the time being though. adding stock images and stuff like that will dilute the focus of the website. also, you'd probably want to keep it to singaporean photographers, unless you know a wide range of photographers from other countries who would be interested in promoting themselves on a singapore based website.
if you can get a good web designer who can dilligently update it, count me in

mattlock said:
Hi, I think it's a good idea.
Check out lebook.com also
you may want to focus your idea to just listing photographers for the time being though. adding stock images and stuff like that will dilute the focus of the website. also, you'd probably want to keep it to singaporean photographers, unless you know a wide range of photographers from other countries who would be interested in promoting themselves on a singapore based website.
if you can get a good web designer who can dilligently update it, count me in

i think with local photographers, we will have a long list.

also, we need to categories, if not the Letter A alone , the list will be super long already.

If categoried, maybe each letter A to Z will have lesser people.

Status
Not open for further replies.