Local Mag used my picture without approval.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richter

Sep 11, 2005
Hi

Just wondering if a local magazine can just use a picture I posted on a online album for the publication without my approval.

Please advice.

They cant unless they seek your consent or prior approval has been given ,,, and that image belongs to you.

Mmmm

so that means I post the picture up does not mean they can use it without my consent.

Ok Thank you.

Any other feedback please let me know. hehehe.

sometimes you would have to see, you may be just standing beside the official photog or a person from the press. this would cause similarity between your photos, you would need to have enough points to prove that the pic is yours before goin to sue them like tat is mention.

if you really find that both are same, go to the company first then if things get worst go to court and charge them under the copyright infringment law. you may get high compensation if you win*not sure also*, cos sg is promoting good copyright practise.

all the best! Happy Festive Season

no lah i not going to do anything lah.

haahahh just that my friend wanna ji siao the company only.

i dun really care if they use the picture. but my friend seems quite annoyed that they use picture of his bike as sales advertisement.

hahaha

If you look at it another way you could say "My photograph was published! :)"
but it must be a shock to see your photograph somewhere where you do not expect!

Not the first time I heard of such cases liao...
Makes me wonder why such a big company that own a publishing company like to play this type of games??? :thumbsd:

hahhah well think better not post the name here ba
but it's a new bike mag.

actually it's not me who saw the pic
is my friend. Will check out the pic and confirm it's the same first. hahhaha

It all depends on which site you uploaed those picts to.

If you uploaed to Canon's site (eg only), they may have already gotten you to sign an agreement to say they now legally own the rights to whatever picts you uploaded. They can now legally resell those images to print publications for them to use.

Not sure about online album sites (eg Flickr). Would advice you to go back & read the agreements you agreed to without reading when signing up for that site's account.

Status
Not open for further replies.