Local & HK B+W filters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benchmarc

Apr 5, 2007
www.marcusli.com
Was recently in HK, bought some B+W filters. Realised that the one i bought locally a while back stated "Made in Germany" on the outer ring of the filter, but the ones i got in HK stated only "Germany". Whilst i dont see or feel any other difference, is this any cause for concern? Feeling is that the filters could just have been made in different factories hence the minor difference, packaging is the same though.

Was recently in HK, bought some B+W filters. Realised that the one i bought locally a while back stated "Made in Germany" on the outer ring of the filter, but the ones i got in HK stated only "Germany". Whilst i dont see or feel any other difference, is this any cause for concern? Feeling is that the filters could just have been made in different factories hence the minor difference, packaging is the same though.

The newest B+W filters have the words 'MADE IN GERMANY' on the outer ring and the type name located on the outer part on the glass filter.

All of my B+W filters have the wordings "Made In Germany".

Mine is the opposite of yours !!! My Singapore B+W Slim CPL is white printing with only "Germany" while the 77mm UV bought in Hong Kong is in Gold printing with "Made in Germany" and F PRO.

do let us know of the results after they reply your email

Both my older and newer ones have Made in Germany and F-Pro but the newer one has the model and diameter writings on the rim.

no on the rims...

Oicic. Mine has the B+W, F-Pro and Made in Germany writing on the external part of the rim. The filter size and type of filter writings are located on the inside. When filter is attached to lens, these writings are faced upwards on the circumference of the rim.

Get Heliopan, no need to worry :bsmilie:. It is just different batches of the same model.

This is their reply... heng ar!!:)

Hello,

we thank you for your mail and for your interest in our product.
The filters you bought in Hong Kong is a "special production" for our distributor in Hong Kong, the mount are made of aluminium.
The optical quality is the same.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Best regards

i.A.
Marie-Odile Helfrich
Geschäftsbereich Photo
Business Unit Photo

Sekretariat
Office
Tel.:+ 49(0)671 601 125
Fax.+:49(0)671 601 302
e-mail:helfrichm@schneiderkreuznach.com

This is their reply... heng ar!!:)

Hello,

we thank you for your mail and for your interest in our product.
The filters you bought in Hong Kong is a "special production" for our distributor in Hong Kong, the mount are made of aluminium.
The optical quality is the same.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Best regards

i.A.
Marie-Odile Helfrich
Geschäftsbereich Photo
Business Unit Photo

Sekretariat
Office
Tel.:+ 49(0)671 601 125
Fax.+:49(0)671 601 302
e-mail:helfrichm@schneiderkreuznach.com

B+W's rims are supposed to be made of brass, which i preferred over aluminum.

Status
Not open for further replies.